Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Rangefinder Forum > Photography General Interest

Photography General Interest Neat Photo stuff NOT particularly about Rangefinders.

Old 12-30-2018   #8401
robert blu
quiet photographer

I just bought a Novoflex adapter to use Nikon lenses on the M10 should arrive next week.

robert

my quiet photographer's blog

My RFF photos and my albums on RFF

Old 12-30-2018   #8402
capitalK
Warrior Poet :P

I bought a Saunders enlarger today at a thrift store, but only for the Schneider Kreuznach 60mm f/5.6 Componon lens.

I plan to use it in my Durst ColorCopy to digitize my medium format negs. My 50mm lens creates an image that is slightly too big for my A7 II, and my 75mm enlarging lens creates an image that is quite a bit smaller than the A7's sensor.

I have been on the lookout for a 60mm enlarging lens for a few months, almost bought one at Burlington Camera but it was about $125. This whole enlarger with lens was $40.

Hoping it will do what I want.

Left behind a nice little Durst enlarger at the thrift store. Hope someone picks it up.

Old 12-30-2018   #8403
carbo73

I bought from an online auction wooden tailboard camera, half-frame size, of French origin, made probably c.1890-1900. Maybe it's a E. Français camera, as is one of the lenses, but the other one is a Berthiot, and the only mark that appears in the wood is in fact "Sauthier". I've found "E. Français" cameras, but no sign of "Sauthier" ones. Any ideas?

Kodak No.4 F Cartridge / Kodak No.2 Folding Brownie / Kodak No.3 & No.3A Folding Pocket / Goerz ANGO / Kodak VPK / Brownie Nr.2 / KW Patent Etui / Leica II / Leica IIIb / Rolleiflex Old Standard / Contax II / VP Exakta / Kine Exakta / FED1 / Contax S / Exakta VX / Moskva 4 / Zenit-S / FED2 / Minolta Autocord /Exakta VX IIa / Nikon F

Old 12-30-2018   #8404
capitalK
Warrior Poet :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalK View Post
I bought a Saunders enlarger today at a thrift store, but only for the Schneider Kreuznach 60mm f/5.6 Componon lens.

I plan to use it in my Durst ColorCopy to digitize my medium format negs. My 50mm lens creates an image that is slightly too big for my A7 II, and my 75mm enlarging lens creates an image that is quite a bit smaller than the A7's sensor.

I have been on the lookout for a 60mm enlarging lens for a few months, almost bought one at Burlington Camera but it was about $125. This whole enlarger with lens was $40.

Hoping it will do what I want.

Left behind a nice little Durst enlarger at the thrift store. Hope someone picks it up.
Dang. It's got a 25mm thread and I don't have a 25-39mm adapter handy. Going to have to wait to try it out.

Edit: Nevermind, an adapter was screwed into the Saunders enlarger. Crisis averted.

Last edited by capitalK : 12-30-2018 at 15:46. Reason: Found it.

Old 12-31-2018   #8405
bmattock

I bought the body without a lens. But I happen to have a few Canon FL mount lenses around the place.

Canon FX by Wigwam Jones, on Flickr

Old 12-31-2018   #8406
raid
Dad Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert blu View Post
I just bought a Novoflex adapter to use Nikon lenses on the M10 should arrive next week.

robert
Was it very expensive, Robert?
I am assuming that RF coupling will exist.

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/rffg...n.php?cid=7007

http://raid.smugmug.com/

Old 01-01-2019   #8407
webOSUser

Epson Stylus C88+ printer to replace my HP inkjet.

Steve W

Old 01-01-2019   #8408
AKMacAddict

Just picked up an uncoated 1938 50mm Summitar. Very clean, especially considering the vintage. (The dealer's pic)

Old 01-01-2019   #8409
lynnb

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKMacAddict View Post
Just picked up an uncoated 1938 50mm Summitar. Very clean, especially considering the vintage. (The dealer's pic)
Nice looking Summitar! I picked up some (more) 35mm HP5+ while it was at a price too good to miss.
Flickr

Old 01-02-2019   #8410
seany65

I bought a Hoya super multicoated skylight 1b filter for my Pentacon electric 135mm lens.

It didn't occur to me that the "slim 3mm ring" would be a bit too narrow to allow easy attachment of the filter to the lens because the built-in lens hood sticks out a tiny, tiny bit.

I stupidly decided to screw a lens hood into the front of the filter and use it as a 'handle' to screw the filter onto the lens.

The glass in the filter seems a little bit loose and now I can't get the filter off again to see if I can tighten the retaining ring on the filter.

I hope I don't forget that there's already a filter in place, as it doesn't look like there is, and go and buy another one.

Wish I'd got an 'ordinary' hmc sky1b filter.

Old 01-02-2019   #8411
David Hughes
David Hughes

Quote:
Originally Posted by seany65 View Post
I bought a Hoya super multicoated skylight 1b filter for my Pentacon electric 135mm lens.

It didn't occur to me that the "slim 3mm ring" would be a bit too narrow to allow easy attachment of the filter to the lens because the built-in lens hood sticks out a tiny, tiny bit.

I stupidly decided to screw a lens hood into the front of the filter and use it as a 'handle' to screw the filter onto the lens.

The glass in the filter seems a little bit loose and now I can't get the filter off again to see if I can tighten the retaining ring on the filter.

I hope I don't forget that there's already a filter in place, as it doesn't look like there is, and go and buy another one.

Wish I'd got an 'ordinary' hmc sky1b filter.

Try wearing rubber gloves to shift it or else one of those thicker bits of rubber designed for loosening the tops of jars.

Regards, David

Old 01-02-2019   #8412
seany65

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hughes View Post
Try wearing rubber gloves to shift it or else one of those thicker bits of rubber designed for loosening the tops of jars.

Regards, David
Thanks for the idea David.

Trouble is, there's nothing at all of the front edge of the filter ring above the edge of the lens hood for me to grip onto, so I'd probably end up breaking the filter to get it off. That may be what I have to do though.

I forgot about the set of Neewer 37mm ND 2, 4, and 8 filters that I bought for use with my Gevabox. I would use some Tokina 35.5mm thread ones but the ND 4 that I had didn't have a thread on the front and the ND 4 and ND 8 that I can find also don't seem to have front threads.

Old 01-02-2019   #8413
nickla

I just got a V2 35mm Summicron and I absolutely love it. Totally jump started me out of slump!

Took some great ones this weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 01-02-2019   #8414
Mr_Flibble

Just added another WW2 vintage Anniversary Speed Graphic 4x5 camera to the collection. Comes with a Kodak 127mm f/4.7 Ektar.

Old 01-03-2019   #8415
David Hughes
David Hughes

Deleted, this is what comes of misreading posts; there is a link with a young lady nearby asking for answers for the crossword in the paper too...

Regards, David

Old 01-03-2019   #8416
v0sh

1962 Leica M2

Instagram

Old 01-04-2019   #8417
seany65

Just bought this (click on thumbnail):

Got it for less than £9 inc. p+p!

As far as I can tell it seems to be working as a self timer, but I want it for the slow speeds it's supposed to give. I can't quite work out how to do that yet, as every time I use it there isn't a first click to open the shutter and a second one to close it, but the cable release I have doesn't fit into it so that may be partly to blame. I've had a quick look on yootoobe (I ain't advertising them if I can help it) but I haven't yet found a clip that shows how to use it for the slow speeds.

Old 01-04-2019   #8418
markjwyatt

New lens for my old Contax IIa. Actually, Santa brought it.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Voigtlander21mf4_ContaxIIa1k.jpg (33.8 KB, 330 views)

Old 01-04-2019   #8419
creenus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Flibble View Post
Just added another WW2 vintage Anniversary Speed Graphic 4x5 camera to the collection. Comes with a Kodak 127mm f/4.7 Ektar.
Get yourself one of these and you'll be ready for anything

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/phot...e-89-gun/cat/3

Old 01-06-2019   #8420
carbo73

Another Kodak Retina for my little collection of those impressive compact and beautiful machines: this time it's a IIIc (type 021), made in Stuttgart in 1956.

Kodak No.4 F Cartridge / Kodak No.2 Folding Brownie / Kodak No.3 & No.3A Folding Pocket / Goerz ANGO / Kodak VPK / Brownie Nr.2 / KW Patent Etui / Leica II / Leica IIIb / Rolleiflex Old Standard / Contax II / VP Exakta / Kine Exakta / FED1 / Contax S / Exakta VX / Moskva 4 / Zenit-S / FED2 / Minolta Autocord /Exakta VX IIa / Nikon F

Old 01-06-2019   #8421
dof
Fiat Lux

I'm about to join the Zeiss 35 f2.0 Biogon owners club. It should arrive on Tuesday. I'm excited!

Old 01-06-2019   #8422
raid
Dad Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dof View Post
I'm about to join the Zeiss 35 f2.0 Biogon owners club. It should arrive on Tuesday. I'm excited!
It is a great lens overall. Rich colors and sharp.

Old 01-07-2019   #8423
seany65

I bought a lens case for my pentacon electric 50mm lens, but it isn't a praktica made case. I'd hoped it would be big enough but it's too narrow by about 1 or 2 mm-the aperture is just too wide. I know I could've bought a praktica case that can be used for the 29mm lens, but that case is a little bit too big as the 50mm rattles about in the case I have for my 29mm lens.

I bought a lens case for a tamron 35-70mm 09A lens for my 17A, it's a very snug fit due to the raised zoom lugs but I couldn't find a 17A case.

I bought a hoya 49mm sky1b filter for my tamron 20A lens. I also bought a nikon ais mount for it.

Old 01-07-2019   #8424
raid
Dad Photographer

Zeiss Distagon 16mm/2.8 in Rollei QBM mount. It is a fisheye lens. On a M 4/3 camera the view will be for a 32mm lens.

Old 01-08-2019   #8425
ruby.monkey

A well-loved Nikkor AI 300mm f/2.8 ED-IF to play with on my X-T2. I already have the appropriate Metabones Speedbooster Ultra adapter, which will make this the very poor man's Fujinon 200mm f/2.

Old 01-10-2019   #8426
carbo73

Three plate holders in 1/4 plate size for my Goerz Ango.

Old 01-10-2019   #8427
MrFujicaman

a 43mm lens cap for the lens hood of my 35mm Skopar LTM

Old 01-10-2019   #8428
cary

A soft release for my Minolta SR-1s.

Old 01-11-2019   #8429
Pherdinand
the snow must go on

as it was my birthday i pulled the trigger and bought a stereo rollei
i mean a 6x13 "heidoscop".
Now i need a proper viewer, too :/ those suckers are expensive!!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg heidoscop.jpg (21.0 KB, 195 views)

Old 01-11-2019   #8430
JoeLopez

I just pulled the trigger on a Vest Pocket Kodak Model B, complete including a stylus.

While It will look great on my shelf in the office, I've had excellent luck finding nice deals on old cameras that actually work find (GSN, Minolta A5, Nikon F3/T to name a few) and hope to fire a roll through it eventually.

I've been reading up on film mods to be able to shoot a roll. I'm excited

Other gear: Minolta X-570, Nikon F3/T, N90s & D750, Fuji X100T
Nikkor 50mm f1.8, 28mm f2.8 E, Voigtlander 40mm f/2.0 Ultron SL, Minolta 45mm f2 & 50mm f1.7

My Flickr | My ebay | Instagram

Old 01-11-2019   #8431
dtcls100

A black Nikon F2a. Don't really need it (given F6, FM3a, OM-4Ti, OM-2n, OM-1n) and tried to resist, but I have wanted a black F2a for years and when I saw one in apparently very nice condition, I couldn't resist. Probably should sell one of my 4 Mamiya 6 bodies to thin the herd. While I shoot alot more photos with digital, I still prefer to go out with a film camera most of the time when I won't be sharing the photos. Also, there is something nice about using a pretty primitive manual focus all mechanical camera, hence my taking a good number of shots with my Olympus OM-1 and Olympus 35SP cameras. The Nikon F2a should fit in nicely for this purpose. I also bought a Nikon -3 diopter (getting hard to find) and a Nikon eyecup for the F2a.

Old 01-11-2019   #8432
Phil_F_NM
Camera hacker

Too much.
Books, books, books, and supplies for this term in school
A NOS US Navy utility jacket exactly like the one I was issued in boot camp and wore until the regs changed in 2000.
A partial group of Shimano XT bicycle components.
A bunch of batteries for my Ricoh GR IV.
A few lens spanner wrenches.
A Taylor-Hobson Cooke 1" C mount lens for my Filmo 70A.
THREE Kodak Electric 8 motion picture cameras...

Phil Forrest

Old 01-11-2019   #8433
colker
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby.monkey View Post
A well-loved Nikkor AI 300mm f/2.8 ED-IF to play with on my X-T2. I already have the appropriate Metabones Speedbooster Ultra adapter, which will make this the very poor man's Fujinon 200mm f/2.
The Nikon may even be the better lens.

Old 01-11-2019   #8434
Johngwill

Santa's gift for me arrived a little late, but worth waiting for.

A black repaint Canon P with some nice brassing and Canon 35mm f2.8 lens.
Purchased from a dealer with recent CLA and 6mths warranty. Everything seems to work just fine.
First film should be back from processing on Monday.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMGP0324W.jpg (19.8 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by Johngwill : 01-11-2019 at 21:36. Reason: Image attachment

Old 01-11-2019   #8435
carbo73

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeLopez View Post
I just pulled the trigger on a Vest Pocket Kodak Model B, complete including a stylus.

While It will look great on my shelf in the office, I've had excellent luck finding nice deals on old cameras that actually work find (GSN, Minolta A5, Nikon F3/T to name a few) and hope to fire a roll through it eventually.

I've been reading up on film mods to be able to shoot a roll. I'm excited
There are no mods for 127 format that I'm aware of. Except for the Yashica 44. Usually the 127 is too thin to have some kind of adaptor, say, for 35mm.

But now there's Rerapan 400 film on the shops again. Or you culd cut 120 film and respool it (a PITA). Finallay, but I've not tried it yet, you could respool 35mm film into a used 127 film spool & paper.

Go, use 127 cameras, I've 5 of them and its an excellent format. There are the oldest small cameras to buy.

Old 01-12-2019   #8436
NaChase

I finally broke down and bought a Rolleiflex. In this case, a 2.8F Planar.
Rolleiflex 2.8F by Nick Chase, on Flickr

RF Cameras: Leica M2, Leica M3, Leica M5, Leica M6, Mamiya 7II,
RF Lenses:
75mm Summilux, 50mm DR Summicron, 50mm "Millennium" Nikkor, 35mm Zeiss Distagon 1.4, 35mm 2.8 Summaron, Mamiya 43mm, Mamiya 80mm, Mamiya 150mm

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
http://www.flickr.com/groups/film_is...ong_live_film/

Old 01-12-2019   #8437
Papercut

Location: Westchester county, NY (and Chongqing whenever I can get there)
Leitz Focomat Ic (with Focotar 50/4.5, neg carrier, and 8x10 easel) -- sadly no AN accessory, but the price was too good to pass up and I have a Focotar-2 already (though I need to send it to DAG to get some paint flecks out). Also ordered all the various supplies (Ansco 130 developer, trays, grain focuser, safelight, etc.) to start printing in the basement. Need to lightproof the basement room and then just waiting for the stream of packages to arrive. Yay!

=========
Only connect.
=========

flickr photostream

Old 01-14-2019   #8438
MacReady

Slightly hinky Konica Big Mini, does anyone know what film this is? I don't recognise it at all.

Can just about see Made in Germany written on it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190114_164452.jpg (15.9 KB, 8 views)

Old 01-14-2019   #8439
raid
Dad Photographer

I got a Prominent-LTM adapter. I will use it with my 50/2 Ultron.

Old 01-14-2019   #8440
seany65

I bought a metal shutter release to use with my autoknips 2 as the one I already had has a rather wide top bit that won't fit into the circle thing.

The new to me metal one, has a much narrower top bit.

But it still won't fit into the circle bit.

Do I have to use an ancient release cable that would've been out at the time the autoknips was, and if so, where the ruddy blink do I get it from?