Can this Leica lens be adapted on a M body?
Old 12-24-2018   #1
mark_pw
Registered User
 
mark_pw's Avatar
 
mark_pw is offline
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 134
Can this Leica lens be adapted on a M body?

From time to time I saw "Dygon" mount Leica lenses in eBay like this one:

https://ebay.to/2Cx2ikB

They are all in very low price though the quality is very good.

Just wonder it can be adapted on a M body or other smaller (M4/3 ?) cameras?
__________________
Leica CL
Summicron-C 1:2/40mm
Elmar-C 1:4/90mm
My photo experiments
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-24-2018   #2
Pistach
Dilettante artist
 
Pistach's Avatar
 
Pistach is offline
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Rome, Italy
Age: 74
Posts: 450
Leicina were 8mm or super 8 moovie cameras!
My guess is that you can't
Super 8 is 5,79x4,01 mm
M4/3 is 17,3x13
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-25-2018   #3
Richard G
Registered User
 
Richard G's Avatar
 
Richard G is offline
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: 37,47 S
Posts: 5,078
That’s right. It’s for Super 8. Negligible coverage of 135 format negative. Can use M Mount Leica and other camera lenses on the Leicina movie camera but not vice versa.
__________________
Richard
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-25-2018   #4
mark_pw
Registered User
 
mark_pw's Avatar
 
mark_pw is offline
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard G View Post
Thatís right. Itís for Super 8. Negligible coverage of 135 format negative. Can use M Mount Leica and other camera lenses on the Leicina movie camera but not vice versa.
How about adapt it to a M4/3 camera? Possible?
__________________
Leica CL
Summicron-C 1:2/40mm
Elmar-C 1:4/90mm
My photo experiments
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-25-2018   #5
Sumarongi
Registered Vaudevillain
 
Sumarongi's Avatar
 
Sumarongi is offline
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_pw View Post
From time to time I saw "Dygon" mount Leica lenses in eBay like this one:

https://ebay.to/2Cx2ikB

They are all in very low price though the quality is very good.

Just wonder it can be adapted on a M body or other smaller (M4/3 ?) cameras?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_pw View Post
How about adapt it to a M4/3 camera? Possible?
Errrm, still *no*.

You need that sort of camera for the Dygon lens:

__________________
**Any feature is a bug unless it can be turned off.** (Daniel Bell Heuer's Law.)
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-25-2018   #6
retinax
Registered User
 
retinax is offline
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_pw View Post
How about adapt it to a M4/3 camera? Possible?

Pistach mentioned the coverage above. Using only a small portion of the already small m4/3 sensor would have pretty low resolution. Might be interesting for one of the tiny sensor interchangeable lens cameras like Nikon V and Pentax MX (?), if adapters exist.
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-25-2018   #7
Sumarongi
Registered Vaudevillain
 
Sumarongi's Avatar
 
Sumarongi is offline
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by retinax View Post
Might be interesting for one of the tiny sensor interchangeable lens cameras like Nikon V and Pentax MX (?), if adapters exist.
Even that won't work —— the Dygon lens in question is not a complete lens, but a mere front attachment: it transforms the built in 15mm standard lens into a 9mm
__________________
**Any feature is a bug unless it can be turned off.** (Daniel Bell Heuer's Law.)
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 14:19.


vBulletin skin developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

All content on this site is Copyright Protected and owned by its respective owner. You may link to content on this site but you may not reproduce any of it in whole or part without written consent from its owner.