Old 11-10-2018   #41
Larry Cloetta
Registered User
 
Larry Cloetta is offline
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Jackson, WY
Age: 69
Posts: 1,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by charjohncarter View Post
Hip replacement.
Whoa, that's one thing they were not doing in the Fifties. Or, you would not have wanted one from anyone willing to give it a try.

Take care of yourself.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-10-2018   #42
maryland_fotos
Registered User
 
maryland_fotos is offline
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 718
Wish you a smooth recovery! Glad to see you can get around a bit to take pics.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-10-2018   #43
charjohncarter
Registered User
 
charjohncarter's Avatar
 
charjohncarter is offline
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Danville, CA, USA
Posts: 8,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave lackey View Post
Ouch!!! Good luck, my friend.. order more rolls so you can catch up when all is well!!!
Wow, thanks guys, I'm hoping it goes well. This has been the 3rd worst year of my life health wise, so a hip job doesn't seem like that much. At least I've been taking photos all year.

I did shoot my friend in his boat with Ektachrome 100:


EktaChrome 100 (NEW) by John Carter, on Flickr
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-11-2018   #44
CMur12
Registered User
 
CMur12 is offline
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Moses Lake, Washington, USA
Age: 67
Posts: 1,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by charjohncarter View Post
Wow, thanks guys, I'm hoping it goes well. This has been the 3rd worst year of my life health wise, so a hip job doesn't seem like that much. At least I've been taking photos all year.

I did shoot my friend in his boat with Ektachrome 100:
EktaChrome 100 (NEW) by John Carter, on Flickr
Sorry to hear of the rough year, John. All the more reason to hope this goes well and that the next year is one of your best!

Be well.

- Murray
__________________
Still shooting film: Medium Format with assorted TLRs; 35mm with manual-focus Minolta SLRs and a Canonet.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-11-2018   #45
bayernfan
Registered User
 
bayernfan is offline
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhop73 View Post
Here are a few from my first roll. I have a second that I still need to scan, but I like it so far. Probably won't be shooting it often because of the cost, but it's fun to look at them with a loupe and see how sharp your photos really are (compared to scanned versions).

M2 + Summicron 50 (v700 scans)
nice images! this is shaping up to be a great release from Kodak.
__________________
M_V instagram
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-11-2018   #46
bhop73
Registered User
 
bhop73's Avatar
 
bhop73 is offline
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 704
Here are a few from my last batch. They're all from the Los Angeles Arboretum. It's not flower season, but I was able to get a few good pics. I think I may order a Plustek scanner and see if it scans sharper for me. I can always return it if it sucks...

M2 / Summicron 50 / V700









__________________
my flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bhop73/
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-11-2018   #47
dave lackey
Registered User
 
dave lackey's Avatar
 
dave lackey is offline
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Posts: 8,898
These look really, really nice!
__________________


Dave
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-11-2018   #48
charjohncarter
Registered User
 
charjohncarter's Avatar
 
charjohncarter is offline
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Danville, CA, USA
Posts: 8,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhop73 View Post
Here are a few from my last batch. They're all from the Los Angeles Arboretum. It's not flower season, but I was able to get a few good pics. I think I may order a Plustek scanner and see if it scans sharper for me. I can always return it if it sucks...

M2 / Summicron 50 / V700
Nice photos, I've been to that arboretum, it is a great photo spot. Ektachrome 100 is very much softer than C-41 films. Let us know if the new scanner helps.

It is a surprise that it seems so much softer, I had the same problem with Kodak Elitechrome 100. But Ektachrome 200 in 120 is fine on my flat bed:

Ektachrome 200 expired by John Carter, on Flickr
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-11-2018   #49
predicolous
Registered User
 
predicolous's Avatar
 
predicolous is offline
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhop73 View Post
Here are a few from my last batch. They're all from the Los Angeles Arboretum. It's not flower season, but I was able to get a few good pics. I think I may order a Plustek scanner and see if it scans sharper for me. I can always return it if it sucks...
offtopic, but: I suggest you look into Nikon Coolscan V (LS-50) which supports real 4000 spi and also has an automatic feeder for a strip up to 6 negatives; the Coolscan 5000 can even do a whole roll with the right (or a modified) feeder. No need to handle these flimsi holders of the Plustek. Also no big depreciation if you think about selling again as they hold their value.
Coolscan 4000 can also be an option if you've got a firewire input on your PC. For Mac I suggest to get V or 5000 as the VirtualMachines needed to run NikonScan 4 don't support Firewire passthrough but only USB-Passthrough.
of course you could also use Vuescan or Silverfast. NikonScan 4 runs on Win10 (just use google )
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-12-2018   #50
robert blu
quiet photographer
 
robert blu's Avatar
 
robert blu is offline
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Italy
Age: 70
Posts: 5,701
In these time I?m very much in a B&W mood but...seeing these beautiful photos with good colours makes me desiring to shoot some Ektachrome...well done everyone!

@ John: wish you all best and a speed recovery.

robert
__________________
Remember: today is the Day !
from Ruth Bernhard recipe for a long and happy life

my quiet photographer's blog

My RFF photos and my albums on RFF
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-12-2018   #51
dave lackey
Registered User
 
dave lackey's Avatar
 
dave lackey is offline
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Posts: 8,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert blu View Post
In these time I?m very much in a B&W mood but...seeing these beautiful photos with good colours makes me desiring to shoot some Ektachrome...well done everyone!

@ John: wish you all best and a speed recovery.

robert
Me, too! BW mood and color film. Must indulge both!

There is a really cool part about shooting slide film again... I am using the F80 with all of its capabilities from metering to AF. I can't think of anything this little $25 camera cannot do with the new Ektachrome, so I am really having high expectations.

80 iso? Easy. Spot metering, easy. Small and lightweight, and so much more.
__________________


Dave
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-12-2018   #52
Prest_400
Multiformat
 
Prest_400's Avatar
 
Prest_400 is offline
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sweden/Spain
Posts: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave lackey View Post
Me, too! BW mood and color film. Must indulge both!

There is a really cool part about shooting slide film again... I am using the F60 with all of its capabilities from metering to AF. I can't think of anything this little $25 camera cannot do with the new Ektachrome, so I am really having high expectations.

80 iso? Easy. Spot metering, easy. Small and lightweight, and so much more.
Once you shoot more than a couple stocks it's great to have more bodies...
That's what I like about the 90s semi pro SLR, loaded with features and cheap as chips nowadays. Shot my last of Elitechrome last year on the F90.
ATM It's hard to get E100 (available 15 Nov in EU) so might or might not shoot it over Xmas. Might order 120 Provia to make up for it.

And I saw some examples that vaguely reminded me of a Kodachrome palette


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-12-2018   #53
dave lackey
Registered User
 
dave lackey's Avatar
 
dave lackey is offline
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Posts: 8,898
Oops, I meant F80! Made the change...

It is so fun and easy to use I may pick up another to dedicate for shooting Fuji slide film. And maybe another for B/W.

Total out-of-pocket for three cameras: $60 +/- (About the same as a 5-pack of slide film) wow!
__________________


Dave
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-12-2018   #54
charjohncarter
Registered User
 
charjohncarter's Avatar
 
charjohncarter is offline
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Danville, CA, USA
Posts: 8,644
Thanks Robert Blu. And Dave L. I'm going to use a $12 SLR next time around so I can be 80 ISO, and AF. I had a little problem focusing manually at 100 ISO in the late afternoon.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-12-2018   #55
dave lackey
Registered User
 
dave lackey's Avatar
 
dave lackey is offline
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Posts: 8,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by charjohncarter View Post
Thanks Robert Blu. And Dave L. I'm going to use a $12 SLR next time around so I can be 80 ISO, and AF. I had a little problem focusing manually at 100 ISO in the late afternoon.
Haha! AF for me, too.... I think it is because I am over 30.
__________________


Dave
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-12-2018   #56
bhop73
Registered User
 
bhop73's Avatar
 
bhop73 is offline
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by predicolous View Post
offtopic, but: I suggest you look into Nikon Coolscan V (LS-50) which supports real 4000 spi and also has an automatic feeder for a strip up to 6 negatives; the Coolscan 5000 can even do a whole roll with the right (or a modified) feeder. No need to handle these flimsi holders of the Plustek. Also no big depreciation if you think about selling again as they hold their value.
Coolscan 4000 can also be an option if you've got a firewire input on your PC. For Mac I suggest to get V or 5000 as the VirtualMachines needed to run NikonScan 4 don't support Firewire passthrough but only USB-Passthrough.
of course you could also use Vuescan or Silverfast. NikonScan 4 runs on Win10 (just use google )
Yeah.. i've thought about the Nikons, but I don't really want to invest in old technology that may or may not work in the near future. Especially at the prices they go for. There was one selling locally for $500 (a V model) and I thought about going for it, but it seems to be gone now. Honestly though, that price is low compared to most, so I feel like there must've been some kinda 'catch'
__________________
my flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bhop73/
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-12-2018   #57
wjlapier
Registered User
 
wjlapier's Avatar
 
wjlapier is offline
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,677
I have a Coolscan V I use for 35mm and an Epson V500 for 120 and 70mm. I only do C41 anymore these days--color and B&W. Reading through this thread it seems like a lot of work to "see" how your photos turned out with this newer Kodak film. Why not send it to NCPS and let them do the scans for you? This photo was from expired Ektachrome shot with a Mamiyaflex C. I used the V500 and Vuescan to do the scan. Rarely do I scan E6 anymore.

  Reply With Quote

Old 11-12-2018   #58
ChrisPlatt
Thread Killer
 
ChrisPlatt's Avatar
 
ChrisPlatt is offline
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Queens NYC
Age: 58
Posts: 2,800
If film sales are up as claimed perhaps we will see some new film scanners.
If nothing else the reintroduction of Ektachrome can only be a hopeful sign.

Chris
__________________
Bring back the latent image!
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-12-2018   #59
dave lackey
Registered User
 
dave lackey's Avatar
 
dave lackey is offline
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Posts: 8,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjlapier View Post
I have a Coolscan V I use for 35mm and an Epson V500 for 120 and 70mm. I only do C41 anymore these days--color and B&W. Reading through this thread it seems like a lot of work to "see" how your photos turned out with this newer Kodak film. Why not send it to NCPS and let them do the scans for you? This photo was from expired Ektachrome shot with a Mamiyaflex C. I used the V500 and Vuescan to do the scan. Rarely do I scan E6 anymore.
I do like this one. Hoping my expired E film will be as good. Not sure who I will have do the scans yet, though.
__________________


Dave
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-12-2018   #60
Kenj8246
Registered User
 
Kenj8246's Avatar
 
Kenj8246 is offline
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: College Station TX
Age: 71
Posts: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by charjohncarter View Post
Wow, thanks guys, I'm hoping it goes well. This has been the 3rd worst year of my life health wise, so a hip job doesn't seem like that much. At least I've been taking photos all year.
Hey, John, it's all good. I'm on my second set of prosthetic knees and my first right shoulder.

Got 28 years outa the first set of knees!! Getting ready to retire end of year and have trips out to Zion and Big Bend planned first of the year. I don't baby the prostheses but I know what they will and won't do. Good luck with your hip, bud.
__________________
______________________________
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bykenny
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-12-2018   #61
charjohncarter
Registered User
 
charjohncarter's Avatar
 
charjohncarter is offline
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Danville, CA, USA
Posts: 8,644
Thanks Kenj8246, I'm hoping to go to Mexico with at least one roll of Ektachrome 100 in January or February. The colors are addicting, and Puerto Vallarta is a colorful place. I usually shoot Elitechrome 100 when I go there, I have one Elitechrome roll left. So maybe one of each. 28 years wow.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-2018   #62
dave lackey
Registered User
 
dave lackey's Avatar
 
dave lackey is offline
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Posts: 8,898
Wow!

A $12 SLR and 28-year old slide film!

We are real time-travelers! Can't wait to see how the image posting here grows over time.
__________________


Dave
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-2018   #63
dave lackey
Registered User
 
dave lackey's Avatar
 
dave lackey is offline
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Posts: 8,898
It will be interesting to see how the images compare to this in THIS iconic RFF thread:

https://www.rangefinderforum.com/for...d.php?t=165131
__________________


Dave
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-2018   #64
Skiff
Registered User
 
Skiff is offline
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by charjohncarter View Post
Thanks Skiff, I was thinking of going to 80 also. I'd like to know your results. I'm going to be out of commission for about 3 week recovering so you will probably shoot a roll before me.
You're welcome, John.
I will definitely report here again and tell you and all the other members here as soon as my further tests are finished. Promised .
I wish you all the best for your recovery!
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-2018   #65
Skiff
Registered User
 
Skiff is offline
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageBoy View Post
I shoot slides just to view with a loupe - I've accepted it
There is nothing wrong with that. Just the opposite!

Because it is extremely fast, you don't have any costs (no expensive or time consuming scanning) and - most important - with an excellent slide loupe you get excellent quality, which is much better than any scanned picture on a computer monitor.
Viewing slides under a loupe is probably the most underrated practise in photography (which is sad, because of all its advantages).
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-2018   #66
Skiff
Registered User
 
Skiff is offline
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave lackey View Post
Oops, I meant F80! Made the change...

It is so fun and easy to use I may pick up another to dedicate for shooting Fuji slide film. And maybe another for B/W.

Total out-of-pocket for three cameras: $60 +/- (About the same as a 5-pack of slide film) wow!
Nikon F80 (and similar cameras from other brands) are indeed not only very good, but currently extremely cheap and underrated. I've bought one brand new 11 years ago.
But I have bought another two ones used in the last years at ridiculous low prices (one as a gift for my niece).
Currently still exceptional bargains with film cameras can be made.
That situation will not last forever. With the ongoing film revival used camera prices will rise (we already see that with medium format and some special 35mm film cameras). Now is still a very good time to buy what we want.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-2018   #67
Skiff
Registered User
 
Skiff is offline
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave lackey View Post
Haha!!! Lol, another Slide/Loupe addict like me! One day I will do an awesome drum scan from Velvia, Provia and E100 to compare them to loupe viewing!

Love the loupe!!!
Welcome to the club .

I've done such tests several times: Drum scans with real drum scanner (Heidelberg Tango, ICG 370) and with virtual drum scanner (Hasselblad X5) and compared these scans to both projection and slide loupe viewing.
I used the Schneider-Kreuznach 4x (for 35mm) and 3x (for medium format) and 10x (for both) loupes.
Also the Rodenstock 4x and Peak Anastigmat 4x loupes.
And the Adox 10x loupe.

All these loupes deliver outstanding quality: Maximum sharpness and resolution (especially the Schneider, Rodenstock and Peak), no CA, no distortion, and you get this typical "3D-effect" from slide film.
With these loupes you don't have any quality losses. You can enjoy the full quality of the slides without any compromise.
The same is valid for slide projection with excellent projection lenses!

With drum scans the results are the following:
- a little less resolution
- no "3D-effect"
- real drum scanners can get lots of details from shadows and highlights (an under- or overexposed image can be saved by a drum scan).
A drum scan viewed on a computer monitor cannot match a slide projected or under an excellent slide loupe. But that is mainly because of the severe quality limitations of the computer monitor.
Drum scans are the best tool to make excellent prints (on silver-halide photo paper) from slides. I do that quite regularly when I want some prints from my best slides hanging on the wall, in addition to my usual slide projection.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-2018   #68
CMur12
Registered User
 
CMur12 is offline
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Moses Lake, Washington, USA
Age: 67
Posts: 1,008
Skiff, how does the Hasselblad X5 compare to a true drum scanner?

- Murray
__________________
Still shooting film: Medium Format with assorted TLRs; 35mm with manual-focus Minolta SLRs and a Canonet.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-2018   #69
Skiff
Registered User
 
Skiff is offline
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMur12 View Post
Skiff, how does the Hasselblad X5 compare to a true drum scanner?

- Murray
Murray,
the Hasselblad X5 has a little bit higher resolution.
But the true drum scanners Heidelberg Tango and ICG 370 have a bit better grain rendition (very true to "real life", to the real grain structure of film; there is no grain emphasizing by the drum scanner which is a great advantage).
And the real drum scanners have significantly better shadow and highlight detail. Its amazing how much detail is in the shadows and highlights of a reversal film. So even significantly under- (or overexposed) exposed films can be saved by a drum scanner.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-2018   #70
CMur12
Registered User
 
CMur12 is offline
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Moses Lake, Washington, USA
Age: 67
Posts: 1,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiff View Post
Murray,
the Hasselblad X5 has a little bit higher resolution.
But the true drum scanners Heidelberg Tango and ICG 370 have a bit better grain rendition (very true to "real life", to the real grain structure of film; there is no grain emphasizing by the drum scanner which is a great advantage).
And the real drum scanners have significantly better shadow and highlight detail. Its amazing how much detail is in the shadows and highlights of a reversal film. So even significantly under- (or overexposed) exposed films can be saved by a drum scanner.
That's some very useful information. Thanks!

- Murray
__________________
Still shooting film: Medium Format with assorted TLRs; 35mm with manual-focus Minolta SLRs and a Canonet.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-2018   #71
wjlapier
Registered User
 
wjlapier's Avatar
 
wjlapier is offline
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,677
I keep checking this thread for photos taken with the new Ektachrome.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-2018   #72
dave lackey
Registered User
 
dave lackey's Avatar
 
dave lackey is offline
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Posts: 8,898
My film will be delivered tomorrow! Then a few weeks to shoot it and send it out for processing... sigh..,

So, yes, I keep checking for more images from everybody else, too!
__________________


Dave
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-2018   #73
Ted Striker
Registered User
 
Ted Striker's Avatar
 
Ted Striker is offline
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjlapier View Post
I keep checking this thread for photos taken with the new Ektachrome.
The stuff ain't in stock anywhere that I can see. I wanted to try some E6 after a many year long layoff and was going to start with the new Ektachrome. Instead I ordered some Provia from B & H.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-2018   #74
Jake Mongey
Registered User
 
Jake Mongey's Avatar
 
Jake Mongey is offline
Join Date: May 2016
Age: 18
Posts: 467
Took a fair chunk into my student loan but pre ordered ten rolls and then shot two on a trip with the university to paris to see paris photo and go to the book fairs.

These are from the first roll shot on ISO 100 on a canon 7 with the dream lens. Im not too sure about this film so far however in fairness in the cold light I forgot to pack my warming filter.
paris 1 by jakemongeyphotography, on Flickr
paris 3 by jakemongeyphotography, on Flickr
paris 2 by jakemongeyphotography, on Flickr
paris 6 by jakemongeyphotography, on Flickr

I also highly suspect my Rangefinder was off as quite a few shots that should have been in focus were soft.
__________________
Should probably spend less time talking more time shooting but unfortunately I dont have to leave my desk to talk
www.jmongeyphoto.co.uk
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-2018   #75
Jake Mongey
Registered User
 
Jake Mongey's Avatar
 
Jake Mongey is offline
Join Date: May 2016
Age: 18
Posts: 467
This was a second roll at @400 as it was a very dark rainy day, I developed this roll on my JOBO CPE2 with tetenal E6 and followed tetenals instructions for a two stop push which was 12:00. Looking at the slides they could have used with less development as all of the shadows were very bright and there was no clear black point. I also had a quite strong magenta cast throughout. I have edited the images to remove the cast and reduced the blacks in the image slightly.

paris 4 by jakemongeyphotography, on Flickr
paris 5 by jakemongeyphotography, on Flickr
paris 7 by jakemongeyphotography, on Flickr

Not too pleased with this roll but it was a two stop push and there is the possibility of error on my side. Still have more rolls to get a feel for it
__________________
Should probably spend less time talking more time shooting but unfortunately I dont have to leave my desk to talk
www.jmongeyphoto.co.uk
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-2018   #76
HHPhoto
Registered User
 
HHPhoto is offline
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,686
Hi Jake,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Mongey View Post
These are from the first roll shot on ISO 100 on a canon 7 with the dream lens. Im not too sure about this film so far however in fairness in the cold light I forgot to pack my warming filter.
The colours aren't the problem, no warming filter needed. Especially with the pictures with sun.
The problem is the underexposure. Others here in this thread have also reported that their Ektachrome shots are generally too dark / underexposed. With the assumption that E100 has not the full ISO 100/21.
I've made the same experience so far with my first rolls. But I will shoot much more E100 before I made my final conclusion.

Cheers, Jan
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-2018   #77
bhop73
Registered User
 
bhop73's Avatar
 
bhop73 is offline
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by HHPhoto View Post
Hi Jake,



The colours aren't the problem, no warming filter needed. Especially with the pictures with sun.
The problem is the underexposure. Others here in this thread have also reported that their Ektachrome shots are generally too dark / underexposed. With the assumption that E100 has not the full ISO 100/21.
I've made the same experience so far with my first rolls. But I will shoot much more E100 before I made my final conclusion.

Cheers, Jan
I felt like the two rolls I shot were fine as far as exposure. When I scanned them, it scanned in a little darker than when I look through a loupe, but with the loupe they looked good to me. I used a handheld meter set for 100iso.
__________________
my flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bhop73/
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-2018   #78
maryland_fotos
Registered User
 
maryland_fotos is offline
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 718
Interesting, I have looked through my prior 2 rolls and they were not dark/underexposed with a Nikon F6 or the N8008. Trying out variety of lighting situations now with another roll in the F6, and varying among spot meter/matrix or center weighted. May be able to get the roll developed in a week or so.

I did get some color shift in one of the rolls, could have been the scan. I have the rolls back from the lab, I can try scanning with the V700 Epson I have.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-2018   #79
ChrisPlatt
Thread Killer
 
ChrisPlatt's Avatar
 
ChrisPlatt is offline
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Queens NYC
Age: 58
Posts: 2,800
I normally underexpose slide film a bit but not that much.
Is this possibly a scanner issue?
Do they look the same on a light table or when projected?

If so and results like this are typical speed is probably not ISO 100.
Suggest exposing at 80 or even 64 and see what happens.
Of course that's easy for me to say - it's your money!

Chris
Never an early adopter
__________________
Bring back the latent image!
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-2018   #80
Deklari
Registered User
 
Deklari's Avatar
 
Deklari is offline
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 379
Leica III, Jupiter 3, Kodak Ektachrome e100

  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:49.


vBulletin skin developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

All content on this site is Copyright Protected and owned by its respective owner. You may link to content on this site but you may not reproduce any of it in whole or part without written consent from its owner.