Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Coffee With Mentors > Chris Crawford

Chris Crawford I am pleased to announced a long time member has agreed to help and mentor others in photographic technique. As he has long done so, perhaps this forum is a bit overdue. Christopher Crawford has been a professional artist and photographer for 20 years, most of that time spent documenting life in northern Indiana with his photographs and the stories that he writes to accompany them. In addition, Chris also creates tutorials where he teaches photography techniques, film processing, digital editing, film scanning, and printing. Ask Chris your technical questions, or to critique your photos. You can see more of his tutorials at http://crawfordphotoschool.com

Old 02-04-2018   #41
Chriscrawfordphoto
Real Men Shoot Film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RObert Budding View Post
Yes, I know it well. It was actually Levaquin that made me ill. And I ruptured a tendon in my foot about 10 years later while playing basketball with my son. It may have been an after-effect of the Levaquin, or I may have been too damned old to be playing basketball!

For those who don't know, Levaquin and Levofloxacin are the same thing (Levaquin is the brand name, Levofloxacin the generic).

Robert,

Your experience is one of the scary things about Levofloxacin is that the tendon damage can happen YEARS after a person stops taking it. It could very well be the cause of your injury. Was it repairable?

Old 02-05-2018   #42
telenous

Nice to read you are feeling better, Chris. I hope you get completely out of the woods soon. I went through a bout of pneumonia myself during the Xmas season and had to take lots of antibiotics. The ones I was prescribed had a warning for Achilles tendon damage too. It felt like it took me ages to feel better but I am getting there. One day at a time.

flickr
instagram

Old 02-05-2018   #43
oftheherd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscrawfordphoto View Post
Thanks, everyone. I am beginning to improve some. The third round of antibiotics are working. The second antibiotic I took was only for two days because it began making me really sick, vomiting constantly! First time i had ever had a bad reaction to an antibiotic.

The one I am on now isn't making me sick and my infection seems to be getting better. I have to take them for seven more days.
Wow! Glad you are getting better. Hang in there. You will be in my prayers.

Old 02-05-2018   #44
Dayrell bishop

Hope you make a good recovery soon Chris.

Old 02-05-2018   #45
ASA 32

Sorry you've been so sick, but good to know you are feeling better. Take it easy for a while and don't push it so you make a full recovery.

Old 02-05-2018   #46
bayernfan

this past month i got hit with a nasty flu strain on top of some serious chronic foot pain. it helps to know other people are dealing with issues as well.

stay positive and take care of yourself.