Finally someone suggested M5!
Leica M5 is my recommendation.

Old 06-23-2016   #42
Jerevan
Recycled User

Quote:
Originally Posted by giganova View Post
I decided to get an M4 /.../
Good choice - no faffing around. And since you are going to keep the same film for both bodies, you'll never wonder "whatever film did I put in that camera"?

Old 06-24-2016   #43
giganova

Exactly! The plan is to have a 21mm lens on one camera, and a 50mm lens on the other so I can more rapidly react to what's happening in from of the camera. The hundreds of lens changes during my last photo trip drove me crazy and I missed a few key opportunities to make pictures. Plus, I'll have a spare body when I sent one of the bodies for CLA.

I love my BP m4
Old 06-25-2016   #44
deardorff8x10

I love my BP m4

[quote=slantface;2623567]M4 - black paint. I ended up buying one awhile back, and they are just so beautiful. It's become my main camera, even though I've got others to choose from including an MP and an M6, the MP being on your list of possibilities. With that being said, the M-A looks fantastic, and for a brand new fully mechanical M, it's really got a draw for me. Any which way you go, I'm sure you won't be disappointed, but you could probably get a BP M4 for around 3k or less, and use the remaining money from your 5k budget on film/lens/etc.

Another thing is you'll already know the camera well seeing as it's another M4, but not only will it be pretty, it'll be obvious which camera you have loaded with what, and which lens since you'll have a black and a chrome M4...

I really love the BP m4. I use it a lot and it is great. I have an m-a, which feels more solid, but the m4 is more fun!