Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Rangefinder Forum > Image Processing: Darkroom / Lightroom / Film

Image Processing: Darkroom / Lightroom / Film Discuss Image processing -- traditional darkoom or digital lightroom here. Notice there are subcategories to narrow down subject matter. .

Does A&I still do film processing?
Old 04-28-2017   #1
Dante_Stella
Rex canum cattorumque

Does A&I still do film processing?

A&I's film processing services page is linked but missing from their site, and B&H is still selling C41 mailers. Tried to call today, but sounds like infinite hold time.

I am asking "for a friend" who opened a neglected drawer last night and found 27 A&I processing+printing mailers for standard b/w film. "He" bought them a while back and forgot about them, thinking they had all been used.

Which (depending on whether they are still good) either means a great surprise - or a brief surprise and a minor disappointment.

Dante

Old 04-28-2017   #2
Bob
Leica M User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante_Stella View Post
A&I's film processing services page is linked but missing from their site, and B&H is still selling C41 mailers. Tried to call today, but sounds like infinite hold time.

I am asking "for a friend" who opened a neglected drawer last night and found 27 A&I processing+printing mailers for standard b/w film. "He" bought them a while back and forgot about them, thinking they had all been used.

Which (depending on whether they are still good) either means a great surprise - or a brief surprise and a minor disappointment.

Dante
Hi Dante,

I called A&I spoke to Rebecca, yes they still process B&W and C41 no E6.
The phone number is (818) 848-9001.
When I asked about the website not indicating that they process film she said that the website had just been updated and film processing was left off in error and will be corrected.
I still have a few mailer's myself. The last time I had some TriX processed they still accepted the mailers. Not sure if they still do, I forgot to ask.
Be sure you you have there new address, they merged and moved on March 23, 2015. No longer in Burbank.
New address is:
6844 Vineland Ave. North Hollywood, CA 91605
Vic and Baret (sons of Isgo) are no longer with the company.
Things have never been the same since Isgo passed away.
Let me know what you find out about the mailers. I hope they still accept them.

Old 04-28-2017   #3
Dante_Stella
Rex canum cattorumque

Just spoke to them. They do honor mailers, and for b/w they include index prints and the medium-res scans.

Guess part of my problem this morning was calling too early. Forgot about the time difference.

Dante