Old 09-30-2016   #41
kena

Here's my story on the Pakon...
I've been on the fence on scanners and have tried a few different ones. The Pakon is amazing. The main bonus is color correction, so far the film i scanned comes out exactly as it should as far as color rendition. I can't tell you how much time i'd spend with vuescan trying to get good color. Straight out of the box the Pakons color is awesome.
Now the minus, it takes quite a bit of effort to get the hardware and software set up. I spent a full day downloading, researching etc. and was getting nowhere quick. I think part of the issue was me being on a mac. The Facebook group helped with some Videos but the saving grace was a forum member here. He sent me all needed software and with that and a few hours watching the set up videos again i was on my to scanning. RFF comes through again! Thanks
I'll post examples when i get some time. K

Old 03-26-2017   #42
gfeucht

Quote:
Originally Posted by kena View Post
Here's my story on the Pakon...
I've been on the fence on scanners and have tried a few different ones. The Pakon is amazing. The main bonus is color correction, so far the film i scanned comes out exactly as it should as far as color rendition. I can't tell you how much time i'd spend with vuescan trying to get good color. Straight out of the box the Pakons color is awesome.
Now the minus, it takes quite a bit of effort to get the hardware and software set up. I spent a full day downloading, researching etc. and was getting nowhere quick. I think part of the issue was me being on a mac. The Facebook group helped with some Videos but the saving grace was a forum member here. He sent me all needed software and with that and a few hours watching the set up videos again i was on my to scanning. RFF comes through again! Thanks
I'll post examples when i get some time. K
What additional software did you need? I'm in the same boat of hitting a wall with the software install: Everything installed but the software can't see the Pakon. The computer itself sees it and recognizes it when plugged in, but not the software. What videos helped you the best? FYI I'm on my old, dusted-off Dell XP laptop from 2006. I'd love any advice on how to get this thing going. Thanks!

Old 03-26-2017   #43
kena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfeucht View Post
What additional software did you need? I'm in the same boat of hitting a wall with the software install: Everything installed but the software can't see the Pakon. The computer itself sees it and recognizes it when plugged in, but not the software. What videos helped you the best? FYI I'm on my old, dusted-off Dell XP laptop from 2006. I'd love any advice on how to get this thing going. Thanks!
Join the Facebook group. I had to join Facebook just to join the group and it was very helpful. They have all the software and links to all the videos. Follow the instructions on the videos EXACTLY, rewind, pause, view again, take notes. You'll get it going and you will be pleased. K
videos-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QPocdqxBI4&t=3s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXFWKvWveds

Old 05-07-2017   #44
moodlover

Can we actually see some Pakon scans from you guys?