Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > FSU Former Soviet Union RF

FSU Former Soviet Union RF This forum is for the Former Soviet Union rangefinder cameras, especially the many and various Fed, Zorki, and Kiev.

Again a FED
Old 03-16-2017   #1
Fotohuis

Again a FED

Being in Mykolaiv at family Nikolai gave me last year a Kiev-6C with some Kiev-bayonet optics. I had it in repair in Kiev for the aperture ring etc.
Now again a visit in which he gave me a good working FED-5V with Industar-61 L/D. A pretty modern camera and lens: 1989.

So in the mean time I made some photos from Odessa and Mykolaiv on the Black Sea area. I have my C.V. Bessa III 667 and some 120 roll films with me: My last stock Fuji Reala 100 and a few Fomapan 400 films. In Odessa it is possible to buy all kind of films at Maxim B. From Foto-Syndicate. I met him too in Odessa. A very kind person and I can recommend buying from him if you are in Ukraine. Another possibility is Foto Fond in Kiev but I have never been there myself.

Greetings from Ukraine,

Robert

Old 03-16-2017   #2
SolaresLarrave
My M5s need red dots!

I recall being in Leipzig, Germany, some 8 years ago, and there were lots of old Soviet SLR cameras and a few camera stores in the area around the train station. I guess it's the same in Odessa. My experience with a Kiev wasn't remarkable, but I may give them a chance some day... when I have more time!
My Nikon D700 Neophyte's Guide
Now selling Nikon RF gear

Old 03-20-2017   #3
Fotohuis

Quote:
I have my C.V. Bessa III 667 and some 120 roll films with me: My last stock Fuji Reala 100 and a few Fomapan 400 films.
Being in Kiev I have made a reportage of Maidan on FP400. The road to it from worlds deepest metro station (-102m) Arsenalna (In Ukraine language: Арсенальна) to the centre is one big cemetery.

In one word: Terrible!

Old 04-21-2017   #4
Fotohuis

Old 04-29-2017   #5
DH73

The photographs from your 6C are very sharp indeed. I bought one in 2015 from a seller in Ukraine. I find that the Vega 12b lens is incredibly sharp, certainly as good as my 80mm 'blue dot' Mamiya-Sekor.

My only complaint about the 6C is the weight. With the prism finder on, the weight is too much for my back. This is why I bought a couple of FED cameras (1 and 2) to use along with my Oly 35RC and OM-2. Oskar Barnack allegedly made the first Leica because he had a bad back; I know how he felt.

Old 05-13-2017   #6
Vadimson

Recently I bought myself a 6C with a TTL prism, a viewfinder and a MIR-26B lens. I did not try to shoot them yet, but I heard a lot of good reviews about it. Thanks to sport, its weight is not heavy for me
But instead of one 6C I can carry the FED with few lenses...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAM_4265.jpg (23.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20170513_213800.jpg (20.4 KB, 15 views)