Old 12-10-2013   #41
John Thawley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Rose View Post

IF YOU ONLY KNEW........
I'm a bit curious about this comment too. I just bought an M(240) from you. Was it a mistake?

Old 12-10-2013   #42
2WK
Rangefinder User

Well, so far...so good. Yes Tim, it is in focus at 1.4, 2.8...all the way up. Granted, I haven't tested it at every possible distance. Maybe I'm scared to!

Norm, I guess just have faith that the problem will be fixed. I read on some repair reports of mine that the sensor position was adjusted. So maybe yours is a little off...who knows. I looked in my camera and noticed that the technicians did mangle my adjustment screws a bit.

Does anyone ever get a loaner when they have a repair? They wouldn't give me one on all 3 occasions.

Old 12-10-2013   #43
quadtones

Never got a loaner, not in the multiple repairs of the M8s I owned [although they did replace the first one after it's second trip], the M9 [three trips to the mother ship--but they did extend my warranty] and now the MM. This is worse than the Fiat Abarth I owned in the late 60s, or an Alfa some time after that [slow learner, but they were wonderful when they ran]. On the other hand, Leica NJ, and especially Carmen Vargas has been great, the turnaround has typically been quick, so I am hopeful, too.

http://www.normsnyderphoto.com