Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > Nikon RF

Nikon RF This forum is dedicated to Nikon Rangefinders: the Nikon One, Nikon M, Nikon S, Nikon S2, Nikon SP, Nikon S3, Nikon S4, and Nikon S3M, Nikon S3 2000, Nikon SP 2005. Plus the ONLY production camera ever made in Nikon Rangefinder mount WITH TTL metering ... the Voigtlander Bessa R2S.

Nikon S3 flash options?
Old 02-16-2017   #1
alexbennett

Nikon S3 flash options?

I have just acquired a Nikon S3 and have been playing with it the past week!
Are there any more compact alternatives for a flash unit other than the BC-5s? Very new to rangefinders let alone photography. I'm excited and am trying to learn everything I can about this camera so any other tips you guys can give me would be much appreciated!

Old 02-16-2017   #2
farlymac
PF McFarland

Get an SC-10 flash connecting cable, and you can use hot-shoe electronic flash units such as the SB-15.

PF

Old 02-16-2017   #3
nikonhswebmaster
Moderator NHS Forum

The S3 will work with many modern flashes.

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/ran...uide.htm#flash

Old 02-16-2017   #4
sevo
Fokutorendaburando

As it has a selector for sync delay, it will work with just about any flash ever made (except for odd ones with a very proprietary connector or system-dependent AF flashes that depend on a in-camera processor). For electronic flash, you must set it to FX - fastest sync speed is 1/60. The S3 only has a PC connector, so the flash must either have a PC cable or you must use a PC to hot shoe adapter.