Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Fuji X Series > Fuji X-100 Series

Fuji X-100 Series This forum is for fans of the rangefinder retrostyled Fuji X Series of digital cameras.

Fujifilm UK and X10 repair - Praise!
Old 02-26-2014   #1
Mark Wood

Fujifilm UK and X10 repair - Praise!

Very nice to be in a position to praise Fuji's service.

My X10 (just over two years old) had developed problems with large dust spots on the sensor, often rendering it pretty much unusable at apertures smaller than f5.6 when large patches of sky were included in the frame. I contacted them their service centre in Bedford, telling them the problem and booked it in for repair on-line last Friday and then posted it to them on Saturday. So where are we four days later?

The camera is back with me, it has a brand new sensor (I didn't have it changed when they were doing that a while ago), the latest firmware and a long list of things they've checked/adjusted. They even e-mailed me yesterday to tell me it was on its way back.

A quick check suggests it's working properly again, so the total cost for this impressive service - 0. This is despite the fact that the camera is well out of warranty. OK, the postage to get it to them cost 8.25 but who's complaining?

Many thanks Fuji.

Old 02-26-2014   #2
tbhv55

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Wood View Post
Very nice to be in a position to praise Fuji's service.

My X10 (just over two years old) had developed problems with large dust spots on the sensor, often rendering it pretty much unusable at apertures smaller than f5.6 when large patches of sky were included in the frame. I contacted them their service centre in Bedford, telling them the problem and booked it in for repair on-line last Friday and then posted it to them on Saturday. So where are we four days later?

The camera is back with me, it has a brand new sensor (I didn't have it changed when they were doing that a while ago), the latest firmware and a long list of things they've checked/adjusted. They even e-mailed me yesterday to tell me it was on its way back.

A quick check suggests it's working properly again, so the total cost for this impressive service - 0. This is despite the fact that the camera is well out of warranty. OK, the postage to get it to them cost 8.25 but who's complaining?

Many thanks Fuji.
Yes, I have also had good service from Fuji. My first x100 developed SAB within a few months, and so the lens was replaced (camera was still under warranty). This was followed by a strange focus problem, and they then swapped the camera for a brand new one. The replacement camera was fine for about two years, but then developed SAB (this camera was now out of warranty). Fuji then fixed this with a replacement lens.

All this at no charge - not even for carriage - and all carried out very rapidly.

Although, at the time, it was frustrating and inconvenient to have these problems, Fuji were quick to put matters right, without a fuss. Definitely kudos to Fuji, from me.

Old 07-14-2016   #3
Paul T.

I've owned my X100 for four years. Got totally immersed once, and I've not particularly looked after it. It, especially, got very dusty and over the years the shutter button became sticky, the exposure compensation dial failed, then it started having intermittent focus problems.

Sent it in, knowing I'd probably have to pay. 75. For my 75 I essentially got a new camera - new top plate, new lens, the only bit that looks like my old camera is a slightly scuffed bottom plate. Turnaround was four days, and they're lovely people to deal with. Props to them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fuji.jpg (18.6 KB, 9 views)