Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Leicas and other Leica Mount Cameras > Leica M -- Leica CL / Minolta CLE

Leica M -- Leica CL / Minolta CLE This forum is about all things Leica CL and Minolta CLE, remarkable compact M cameras

Service - Top Plate removal
Old 11-23-2007   #1
DougFord
on the good foot

Service - Top Plate removal

excellent link - thanks Justin

http://justinlow.com/articles/repair-minolta-cle

the walk

Old 11-30-2007   #2
Pistach
Dilettante artist

Thank you for the link. I am very interested.
Alas! I saw the page yesterday with the idea of dwelling more and printing today, but the link does not work anymore. It goes to time out.
Now if you know this guy could you tell him to fix it?
Regards
Paul

Old 01-06-2008   #3
Justin Low
J for Justin

Hi Paul, the link should be working.

I design websites!
http://justinlow.com/
My Flickr

Minolta CLE Finicky LED's and No Wind
Old 11-24-2014   #4
Shafovaloff1

Minolta CLE Finicky LED's and No Wind

Have been working on a Minolta CLE, first cleaning up the rangefinder mirrors which work fine now. Camera would not wind and found that LED's light up showing exposure readings but that ends with pressing the shutter release. Then after switching the camera off and on again the LED's operate again. The Self Timer works the same. I think I hear a slight noise at the end of the self-timer aperation, like static. Is it possible that the camera was put away wound up and the shutter release does not operate because of some electrical anomoly, maybe magetized shutter parts? Can I reverse the flow of current to the maget to get a release so I can get this operating? Any idea where shutter release hardware is located - top or bottom?
Thomas E. Shafovaloff

Old 03-26-2016   #5
Shafovaloff1

Using a non OEM flash a few times [the type that sends larger voltage through the circuits] cured the LED problem..for now. Had to take the base off and move what looked like a small inertial wheel [reachable under the circuit board without removal] part slightly to get the shutter to work..all works now. Have recently used an adapter to mount an Osawa 28mm 2.8 with a Takumar 35mm hood..looks nice..have a roll of Fuji 400 from Walgreens inside ready to go for the weekend. 3/26/2016

Old 03-26-2016   #6
Scrambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shafovaloff1
Using a non OEM flash a few times [the type that sends larger voltage through the circuits] cured the LED problem..for now. Had to take the base off and move what looked like a small inertial wheel [reachable under the circuit board without removal] part slightly to get the shutter to work..all works now. Have recently used an adapter to mount an Osawa 28mm 2.8 with a Takumar 35mm hood..looks nice..have a roll of Fuji 400 from Walgreens inside ready to go for the weekend. 3/26/2016
Glad to hear you have it working. Don't sweat the lights, the metering will be ok. Glad you got the shutter working. The other less invasive way if it hangs again is to remove the lens, open the back and gently move the curtain forward fully. It tends to stall 1-2mm before fully closed.