Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Fuji X Series > Fuji Digital General Discussion

Comparison of RAW processing softwares
Old 06-15-2011   #1
jcm0

Lightbulb Comparison of RAW processing softwares

Hi,

The x100 image quality was ... pleasant until, I tried to use lightroom. What a revelation !!!

I have tried the Raw converter from silkypix provided with the x100, and found the colors very good and the tools for contrast/exposure adjustement rather limited.

But the result are no way near the lightroom (v3.4.1) ones especially for underexposed pictures : great tools for recovering shadows (and highlights), great noise processing. I found Lightroom ergonomy very good BTW.

I also tried Capture One (v6.2) but results were very disappointing, especially in terms of color, shadows recovery, noise processing, ergonomy...

I have seen some of you are using Adobe Camera Raw, and aperture.

How do they compare to ligthroom in term of color rendition, tools (exposure/contrast/recovery), ergonomy ?

Thanks !

Old 06-15-2011   #2
gavinlg

Adobe camera raw is the same thing as lightroom, aperture has a better layout and library IMO but worse raw conversion IQ. Aperture is also a big-time resource hog on all but the fastest macs, whereas lightroom is very speedy.

Old 06-15-2011   #3
jcm0

Smile

Thank you Gavin

Old 06-15-2011   #4
gavinlg

No problems - my perfect software would feature capture one's low ISO IQ, apertures interface and library and lightrooms colors and high ISO IQ.