Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Gearhead Delights > Photo Accessories / Bags/ Meters / Tripods etc

Photo Accessories / Bags/ Meters / Tripods etc A place to discuss the delights of photo accessories, including bags, meters, tripods, filters, straps, camera cases, lens hoods, anything non digital that can make your gearhead life a little bit more enjoyable.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

XOOIM Hood Size for Cap
Old 07-17-2019   #1
JHP

XOOIM Hood Size for Cap

Not sure where to post this, there are far too many separate forums on this site!

I own both hoods for Version 2 Summilux 50mm f/1.4, and am looking for a cap which will fit nicely on the front end of the hood for storage.

Both hoods are the same size at the outward end, and it is this part that I am looking for a cap. Does anyone know which size cap would fit to the front of these hoods?

I know most people flip the hood, and put a lens cap on the other side, but this is not what I am after.

I am after something like this, but with a better fitting cap. Does anyone know the correct size cap?

Thanks for any help.

For those wondering about the Communist lens cap, I made it by glueing a Vietnamese security emblem I found on the ground, onto the front of a lens cap.

A side note, I'm interested in the fact that Ken Rockwell's XOOIM hood is different to mine. Did they make multiple versions? My vented hood is also different to Ken's.

MP, M2, 28 ELMARIT V3, 50 LUX V2, 15 VC