Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Leicas and other Leica Mount Cameras > Voigtlander Lenses and Images

Voigtlander Lenses and Images Post threads showing images from Cosina Voigtlander Leica mount lenses here.

Color Skopar 35/2.5 LTM or PII?
Old 08-26-2018   #1
geoffnik

Color Skopar 35/2.5 LTM or PII?

I appreciate the optics are the same in the LTM and M versions but does anyone see a difference in the images produced - ie due to, I imagine, the use of more modern coatings etc?

Old 08-26-2018   #2
Archlich

They are only 4 years apart, so both are "modern" and multi-coated. Optically there shouldn't be any difference, in theory at least.

But the LTM version introduces a variance - the M adapter, of which not all are created equal. You may get focus issues if the lens, the adapter and the M camera (more so if it's digital) are not paired well.

Also notice you can can buy the PII version new, which means warranty and factory-spec adjustment, for not much more.

Old 08-26-2018   #3
Ko.Fe.
Kostya Fedot

I had all three versions. Both LTM were flare resistant, PII was not, but hood fixed it.
On BW darkroom prints they were all the same. Handling was best on very first version.

Old 08-26-2018   #4
Carlos Cruz

The first version suffered from 0,9 m minimum focus iirc, m version is 0,7

Old 08-29-2018   #5
geoffnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archlich View Post
They are only 4 years apart, so both are "modern" and multi-coated. Optically there shouldn't be any difference, in theory at least.

But the LTM version introduces a variance - the M adapter, of which not all are created equal. You may get focus issues if the lens, the adapter and the M camera (more so if it's digital) are not paired well.

Also notice you can can buy the PII version new, which means warranty and factory-spec adjustment, for not much more.
According to the Cameraquest site - the silver/black LTMs were discontinued 08/09....but they do have MC on the hood so multi coated I guess.

Old 08-29-2018   #6
d.dulin

My personal favorite is the “classic” LTM version .7 minimum focus and nice hood. The focusing tab and throw are both great in handling IMO