Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Fuji X Series > Fuji Digital General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Revitalizing interest in photography with fujifilm gear
Old 02-04-2018   #1
Igor.Burshteyn

Revitalizing interest in photography with fujifilm gear

Hello forum, long time no see.
I believe I last posted here somewhere in 2012 or around.
At that time my interest in photography if not vanished but degraded significantly, partly due to new interests (sea fishing with spinning gear, anyone?), and partly due to the fact I had been unable to find budget digital camera that would replace my lovely Olympus OM system and Oly 35SP and a kiev rangefinders. Fast forward 5 years, many "rod and fish" snaps later, I am back home to the basics of photography. I just understood that picturing light and shadows still intrigues me.
With regard to gear, I am still in previous millennium. I kept all my film gear and would love to develop films myself sometime, but here I am asking advise on my future digital camera. Which is ideally would be compact and versatile as Oly OMs, with similar "knobs and dials" ergonomics. Budget is ~700$ for body and lens, used. I did look on Oly OM digital and it didn't inspire me. I have a feeling that fujifilm would be it.
So I am choosing between X-T1 with 23mm f2, X-Pro1 with 23mm f2 or X100T. I know differences by specs, I am more interested in your opinion and advise on ergonomics and speed.