Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Gearhead Delights > Photo Accessories / Bags/ Meters / Tripods etc

Photo Accessories / Bags/ Meters / Tripods etc A place to discuss the delights of photo accessories, including bags, meters, tripods, filters, straps, camera cases, lens hoods, anything non digital that can make your gearhead life a little bit more enjoyable.

Old 03-19-2012   #121
back alley
IMAGES

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover View Post
pricey but nice...wish i could see inside.

Old 03-19-2012   #122
back alley
IMAGES

http://www.etsy.com/listing/92188580...era-bag-doctor

this one is good too!

Old 03-20-2012   #123
rover

About 6 months ago I found a leather Gladstone bag by the original manufacturer of the Deluth Pack AWOL bag. It was offered on eBay, for half the price charged by DP. I couldn't it last night.

Millennium M6TTL with Voigtlander 35/1.2 Nokton

rover's world at flickr

Old 03-20-2012   #124
igore

So i decided to post some of my bags here.
If want to go out and shoot some serious staff, and need to take a bunch of stuff then I use my Lowepro photo trackker.

if I want to use Large format camera, or want to shot so that my lenses are fastly accesiblle, then I use my Domke F2 shoulder bag.

But both of them stand out when in public, so I have just bought a Timbuk2 Snoop bag. They have it 3 sizes, they all look just like a classic massenger bag, you can also custom choose colours (classic massanger, then you buy a separete Snoop inlet), ...I have just used it on my Taiwan trip and I loved it. It is practical, and you can stuff a lot of things inside. I have "S" size.

Old 03-20-2012   #125
Gabriel M.A.
My Red Dot Glows For You

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonot View Post
What I mean to say here, is: What's the perfect rangefinder bag for you?
The one which cushions the camera as much as possible without adding much weight to an already heavy cargo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonot View Post
So what camera bag are you using with your RF equipment, and if you are happy with it, why?

Crumpler 4 and 5 million dollar home. Because it's easy to carry, reasonably waterproof, and I can put my cellphone and keys on the side compartments.

Fellow RFF member: I respect your bandwidth by not posting images larger than 800px on the longest side, and by removing image in a quote.
Together we can combat bandwidth waste (and image scrolling).

My Flickr | (one of) My Portfolio

Old 03-20-2012   #126
andredossantos

I've recently discovered this bag:

http://www.lapolicegear.com/tabaoutbag.html

It's highly customizable, not too big, and with a couple inserts it works great for my 1 Leica/1 Rolleiflex combo plus additional stuff I'll need for the day (either to work or out to shooting). One of the cool features is there is a divider inside that comes out and even splits out do you can make three compartments on the inside.

The best part: $19.99.

Edit: Wanted to add that it looks big in the photo but it's really not too bulky.

Website

Flickr

Old 03-20-2012   #127
zerobuttons

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover View Post
No, no. That´s not a Gladstone bag......

THIS is a Gladstone bag:
http://www.swaineadeney.co.uk/produc...d_h/index.html

Old 03-20-2012   #128
paulfish4570

i like the looks of that maxpedition gear slinger for right shoulder/left hip carry. plenty o' room for everything i might carry for a walking photo expedition, including, well, you know ...
thanks, andre, for the link.

Old 03-20-2012   #129
seakayaker1

Use the A&& 7100. Yes it does have Velcro which does not bother me, when shooting out on the street in crowds, I want to hear a sound if someone is attempting to get in my bag. I do have two and have my M9 & M6 TTL with lens mounted in one bag and a Mamiya 7 II and MP in the other at the moment. Each bag carries film, filters, cleaning kit, extra batteries, SD Cards, and a third lens if needed. Strap is wide and padded, front zipper pocket on from flap, another zippered storage compartment inside on top fold over section, along with two front pockets for storage. The main compartment is well padded on the bottom, all sides and has two moveable dividers. I find it to be discreet and comfortable to carry.

Life is Grand! ~~~ Dan
M Monochrom ~ M-P (240), M6 TTL & MP ~ Mamiya 7 II ~ GF1 ~ K5IIs
~ Rolleiflex f3.5 with Carl Zeiss 75mm Planar (type 4) ~
The hardest part of starting a new project is starting it ~ Keith Carter
Flickr Sets: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/

Old 03-20-2012   #130
Rob-F
Likes Leicas

I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a Domke F-10, after watching Matt's presentation. Now I can't decide between the olive vs. the ruggedwear. The water resistance of the ruggedwear seems a good idea, but it's been made clear here in RFF that the wax rubs off on clothing, car seats, etc. And one person said the ruggedwear/waxwear wears out faster than a regular Domke. I'm also thinking that this bag doesn't have any seal-down flaps to keep water out anyhow. It's a little open at the edges, I think. But it looks neat. So: any opinions on whether the ruggedwear is worth getting in the F-10?

Old 03-21-2012   #131
jsrockit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joakim Målare View Post
It's a Courierware Incognito camera bag, size Mini. It's their smallest camera bag and it's the perfect alternative if you want something for two RF bodies with three lenses. I wasn't planning to fit everything in like this, but it turned out to be the perfect solution.
Thanks for posting this bag. I've been half--assed looking for about a year for a good bag that fits my cameras and an iPad (and/or photo book) and this does the trick.

Old 03-22-2012   #132
Saul
fighting inertia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joakim Målare View Post

I found this. It's a Courierware Incognito camera bag, size Mini.
Isn't this the same bag that figitalrevolution dude sells?

Old 03-22-2012   #133
Damaso
Photojournalist

I just ordered the new Bare Bones Bag, I've owed the two previous iterations and been very happy with them...

My Blog
Personal Instruction
In Photography

M8
M6TTL .58
M6TTL .85
50mm Summilux Pre-Asph
90mm Summarit
Ultron 35 f1.7
VC 75 f2.5

Old 03-22-2012   #134
goo0h

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul View Post
Isn't this the same bag that figitalrevolution dude sells?
Both are made by Courierware. The figitalrevolution dude just has a specifically designed bag not available on the Courierware site, but it's fairly close.

I have both the previous model of the BBB and a Courierware bag I use for my 15" Macbook Pro. They are extraordinarily well made bags, very light for what they can hold, and rather water resistant. I like the strap and flag design of the new BBB-E, and am seriously thinking of getting it.

One thing to note about the Courierware bags: they are very form-fitting. This is both good and bad. It's good because it holds well against the body. It's bad because if you have a lot of gear in the bag, because of the lack of rigid structure, it's difficult to "work out of the bag." So only carry what you need, and don't over-stuff the bag. If you keep it not so crowded inside, then working out of the bag is fine.

One thing about the BBB-E, it doesn't seem like it would have a lot of space to carry film. I wish the front pockets billowed out a bit, but in the Courierware bags I have, the front pockets are rather slender and cannot hold a bunch of film well.

Me on flickr.

Old 03-22-2012   #135
porktaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by seakayaker1 View Post
Use the A&& 7100. Yes it does have Velcro which does not bother me, when shooting out on the street in crowds, I want to hear a sound if someone is attempting to get in my bag. I do have two and have my M9 & M6 TTL with lens mounted in one bag and a Mamiya 7 II and MP in the other at the moment. Each bag carries film, filters, cleaning kit, extra batteries, SD Cards, and a third lens if needed. Strap is wide and padded, front zipper pocket on from flap, another zippered storage compartment inside on top fold over section, along with two front pockets for storage. The main compartment is well padded on the bottom, all sides and has two moveable dividers. I find it to be discreet and comfortable to carry.

do people reach in your bag?

M digital, M film, X digital.

More photos at my flickr, some of which is friends & family only. Please feel free to message me to become a flickr friend.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/

Old 03-22-2012   #136
celluloidprop

Weighing a BB-E and the Courierware Incognito one size up (XS rather than Mini). It's not that much bigger, just a bit more room for an iPad.

Old 03-22-2012   #137
Joakim Målare

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrockit View Post
Thanks for posting this bag. I've been half--assed looking for about a year for a good bag that fits my cameras and an iPad (and/or photo book) and this does the trick.
Yes, what's appealing to me about this size is that everything fits precisely and there's no excessive space that allows things to tumble around. It's great for the cameras alone. With the iPad it might feel a little tight as I already mentioned in post #118, but I prefer it like that.

With a larger bag you're tempted to carry more, which is something you always regret at the end of the day. I have a feeling that I would be just fine with only my Ikon and a 50. A second roll of film is easily kept in a pocket. I just never seemed to get along with neck straps of any kind (I hate it when it gets in your face) and I don't have a better solution for getting my hands free when necessary, besides carrying a bag.

Neck strap, sling strap or bag - are those the only alternatives to carrying a camera with your hands free? Sure, a jacket works but not comfortably unless you take the camera apart - which means messing around with caps. And in the summer time? Hmmm...

Old 03-22-2012   #138
goo0h

Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloidprop View Post
Weighing a BB-E and the Courierware Incognito one size up (XS rather than Mini). It's not that much bigger, just a bit more room for an iPad.
well, and me too, and I think the XS would carry either a TLR or the Bessa III along with a rangefinder and lens better.

Me on flickr.

Old 03-23-2012   #139
Al Patterson
Ferroequinologist

Lowepro Nova 2. Holds two small bodies and a cell phone. Origally designed for a small SLR..

Canon QL17 GIII
Leica CL 40mm Summicron-C 50mm Hexanon
Yashica Electro 35 GSN

Old 03-23-2012   #140
crispy12

I saw a black Billingham Hadley Pro the other day, looks so much more discrete than my khaki version.

Old 03-23-2012   #141
Soeren

I have a Lowe Pro Passport Sling.
Its not small but its kinda spacious ( for RF's and TLR's) and its light.
Best regards
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 18-2190-IMG1_LRG.jpg (18.3 KB, 12 views)

Old 03-23-2012   #142
Rob-F
Likes Leicas

My F-10 just arrived. Here I have it loaded with the same gear as I had in the F-6. I couldn't fit quite as many boxes of film (I could if I took the canisters out of the boxes). And I left out the D-Lux 3. Those items can go in pockets, or in a photo vest, so it's not big deal. The F-10 is a tighter squeeze, and harder to get stuff in and out compared to the F-6. But then, it's a smaller bag. And besides, I could could get both bodies in with lenses on them. I couldn't do that with the F-6. One body had to go in lensless.

So, I would say this bag is going to come in handy, especially for hikes, where I wouldn't carry an F-6. Good bag.

Old 03-23-2012   #143
Timestep

Still swear by a Domke F6 bag with a two chimney insert, Holds a Nikon S2, with 50mm 35mm, and 21mm. plus a Pentax MX to provide SLR if needed.

Old 03-23-2012   #144
StenSture
Hans

I use Billingham's Hadley Pro. I must say, it is the best bag I ever had (for now, anyroads)

Old 03-23-2012   #145
goffer

I recently purchased the Union Street bag in black... never thought I would spend $250 on a bag but I did. I really like it and use it daily.

It can hold quite a bit, at one point I had my 14" laptop, nex-7 w/ lens, rangefinder w/ lens, C330, light meter and a bunch of film.

http://www.onabags.com/store/messeng...or=black#black

DSC00181 by akagoffer, on Flickr

Old 03-23-2012   #146
JayM

My girlfriend gave me one of these a few years ago and I've been using it with a Domke insert: http://shopmulholland.com/product.htm?Product=AL305-LAR (garage sale score, not rich, or even close to middle class for that matter.)

It has the two pockets in the front that you can see in the picture, a large but thin single pocket in the back, and the inside has a small divider that sets along the back and has a pen and business card holder stitched to it. Each front pocket will hold at least 12 un-boxed rolls of film. They are also the perfect size for the small sized moleskin notebooks. I only use the back pocket for thin things that I don't need constant access to while shooting (passport, gloves, wallet) as it cuts into the interior space and isn't as easy to get into "on the go" as the other pockets.

I like that with the Domke insert it fits a YN560/580EX in a vertical orientation quite well.

I do not like how thin the bag is for carrying my usual camera setup. An M2, with 28mm f/2 (either brand,) plus viewfinder (even the mini) doesn't really fit squarely in any way. Plus, while the height of the bag is great for the height of the flash, the camera sits at the bottom with lots of wasted space above it. I don't really like stacking crap in a bag (other than film and batteries on each other) since it just hinders getting to it when I need it. I really can't carry two M bodies in a useful way due to the bag's dimensions.

I think a bag that was a little thicker would be far better though less "streamlined." A couple extra inches would let me carry everything I have now, but with two M bodies with lens and external finder, as long as I oriented them the same way as the flash (that would be one lug pointing down and one pointing up.) This would also make the bag seem less cavernous in depth I think.

If I used the CV 35 1.4 without hood, an ASPH Elmarit without hood, and a small 50 like the ZM C Sonnar also without hood, it'd be perfect. All of those lenses WITH hood however are abou the same size as the 28mm f/2s

Right now when I use the bag to go photograph I just hang the M2 with 28 around my neck and put the other body in the bag (or only take one camera.)

Any advice on this setup that doesn't involve storing lenses and viewfinders separately? I'm thinking an F-3X might fit what I would ideally be carrying but I'll have to wait to check one out in person.

Old 03-23-2012   #147
back alley
IMAGES

Quote:
Originally Posted by goffer View Post
I recently purchased the Union Street bag in black... never thought I would spend $250 on a bag but I did. I really like it and use it daily.

It can hold quite a bit, at one point I had my 14" laptop, nex-7 w/ lens, rangefinder w/ lens, C330, light meter and a bunch of film.

http://www.onabags.com/store/messeng...or=black#black

DSC00181 by akagoffer, on Flickr
that is a very handsome bag.

Old 03-23-2012   #148
goffer

Thanks! If anyone wants more details or pics let me know.

Old 03-23-2012   #149
back alley
IMAGES

we always want pics!

Old 03-23-2012   #150
back alley
IMAGES

i pulled out my near new tamrac rally5 bag for tomorrow'a b'fast outing.
i bought this before my toronto trip last summer...it has a spot for my ipad (or smaller notebooks).
it's pretty utilitarian tho not entirely bad looking...fits two rd1 bodies with lenses attached, plus my other 2 lenses if i want...4 extra batteries, business cards, sd cards, cleaning cloth...all i need or want to carry.
funny, it really could be the 'perfect' bag for my needs but it does nothing for me...no excitement generated at all.

Old 03-29-2012   #151
OlliL

Bought this bag two weeks ago

Fossil MBG1159

Has two pouches on the inside, which fit perfectly for a RF, or I.e. an X100.
Also has a padded laptop compartment and sits around my waist.
Very comfortable and good price, too.

Old 03-29-2012   #152
back alley
IMAGES

handsome...

Old 03-29-2012   #153
jsrockit

Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloidprop View Post
I have the Mini and it fits an iPad perfectly. You can fit it in fronty or in the back between the padding. It's a great bag.

Old 04-02-2012   #154
celluloidprop

I'm finding the Courierware Incognito XS has a strap too short for my taste, so I'm back in the hunt, I guess.

Weighing Artisan&Artist ACAM-7100 or a Timbuk2 Snoop XS. I have a regular Timbuk2 bag that's got plenty of strap.

Old 04-14-2012   #155
M like Leica M6

Anyone who uses the Delsey Cortex (Nylon) or Corium (leather) bags?

I had a look at one of these in a shop, they are well suitable for rangefinders, don't look like camera bags and have neither velcro nor clips, they have magnets and an additional zipper inside.

Old 04-14-2012   #156
Ruhayat

Usually I just stash the M6 into my work bags, which is either a plain leather satchel or a wool one from French Connection. For more formal shooting outings, I'm currently using this:

Domke F10.

Fits my M6 with 28mm fitted, and has ample space for 2 more lenses.* The front pocket stores film and filters, and I use the insert in the cover flap for my notebook and pens. The only things I don't like about the F10 is the long and noisy velcro strip, and the really, really unnecessary Domke patch on the front flap.

It was a toss up between this and the ThinkTank Restrospective 5. They are very similar in terms of size, features and number of compartments inside. The ThinkTank design is better thought out but a bit bulkier. The choice of material and colours also make them look even less like a camera bag than the Domke. I went with the Domke simply because I prefer the distressed wax look.

*EDIT: actually, you can fit in 2 M bodies with lenses fitted, and another spare lens in the middle. I've used it with my Contax SLRs and I can carry 2 bodies with 50mm and 85mm lenses on each, plus a 135mm in the middle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _1010505.jpg (53.6 KB, 38 views)