Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Gearhead Delights > Photo Accessories / Bags/ Meters / Tripods etc

Photo Accessories / Bags/ Meters / Tripods etc A place to discuss the delights of photo accessories, including bags, meters, tripods, filters, straps, camera cases, lens hoods, anything non digital that can make your gearhead life a little bit more enjoyable.

Old 11-09-2009   #81
Trius
Waiting on Maitani

If you go, take one of the mugs to the Dalai Lama. He loves gadgets.

Happiness is APX100 and Rodinal 1:100

A bunch o cameras. Does it really matter?
And NOW ... Fuji X-Pro1 w/ 18-55, 18/2 & adapted Zuikos and Hexanons
http://zuikoholic.tumblr.com
https://www.instagram.com/e.r.dunbar/
http://weedram.blogspot.com

Old 11-09-2009   #82
payasam
a.k.a. Mukul Dube

This is a Serious Business Proposition, friends, and such levity is unbecoming. I do not wish to deprive RFF of its legitimate $2 oz. of flesh, but I have no PayPal. I am uthappam AT gmail DOT com.
Flickr gallery

Old 11-09-2009   #83
payasam
a.k.a. Mukul Dube

Rob Biemer sent me a personal message, thinking he might have offended me. Here's part of my answer. I shall grumble as much as I damn well please, is that clear?

"I can't remember what you said. All I know is that many people were having a good time, which is what life should be about. I am glad to have started this -- but it is my Absolute Moral Right to grumble."
Flickr gallery

Old 11-09-2009   #84
Al Kaplan

The coffee does taste better in the mug!

My Gallery

Old 11-10-2009   #85
payasam
a.k.a. Mukul Dube

Al, the coffee tastes the same as it does in any other mug. You're too old for Tooth Fairy illusions, even if they were made in Wetzlar by a wizard named Barnackle Bill.

The fact is, friends, that this is a money-making scheme. I cannot say how many of you know of the violence in the Indian state of Gujarat in 2002. Over two thousand people were killed, there was an uncountable number of rapes, much property was destroyed or looted. The only "crime" of the victims was that they were Muslims. The state had and has a rabidly anti-minority government, and Muslims still must live as little better than worms. (Christians, the other main religious minority, are not much better off -- though they were not massacred.)

I collect money for a group of volunteers who work with children who were orphaned in 2002 and with the remnants of Muslim families who have little or no support. When friends call me to take pictures at meetings and seminars and parties, I take only my out-of-pocket expenses but encourage them to give me as much money as they can or wish to give so that I may send it to people in whose work I believe. Sometimes I am given a pittance, sometimes I encounter generosity.

Further details, for those who want them, from uthappam AT gmail DOT com. This is as close to advertising as I shall get in this place.
Flickr gallery

Old 11-10-2009   #86
Al Kaplan

Thanks again, Mukul. I think I'm running my tenth mug of coffee through it today, and it DOES taste better in a Leica mug. And thanks to everyone for making this a very memorable birthday!

My Gallery

mug sells mugs
Old 11-11-2009   #87
payasam
a.k.a. Mukul Dube

mug sells mugs

Al, didn't you mix Farmer's Reducer in the thing? Pot. ferricyanide tastes much like chicory, I understand... though alas, no one survived to confirm or deny that...

Moderators, Mr. Kaplan has encouraged me to illegally put up advertising material here. He is the Criminal Mastermind and I am but a pawn.

Last edited by payasam : 11-11-2009 at 04:05.

Old 11-12-2009   #88
naruto
GASitis.. finally cured?

... and one mug to rule them all. The coffee does taste different. Perhaps I have been influenced by Al and Mukul...

me @ Instagram