View Single Post

Old 06-14-2019   #32
Registered User
retinax is offline
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 879
Originally Posted by NickTrop View Post
I have never read any professionaly written photography book, professionally produced photographic website, or other media that makes the distinction you describe. They all call it bokeh.


That article simply isn't consistent in its use, from the first sentence: "the term bokeh represents the quality of the magical out-of-focus blur". Sure, the usage like in the headline and general gist of the article exists, what doesn't on the internet. These articles are written for beginners and if the terminology is a little mangled, maybe it doesn't matter that much. The discussion here on RFF usually takes this knowledge for granted. OP knows how to get blurry backgrounds. Do you really think the OP wants to know which of various 50s of nearly the same max aperture gives blurrier out of focus backgrounds?
  Reply With Quote