View Single Post

Old 05-31-2019   #301
nickthetasmaniac

Can you tell us which Takumars?

There were an awful lot, some great, some good, some less so. So saying 'Takumar's aren't as good as Fujinon or Contax' doesn't tell us much...

Quote:
Originally Posted by oftheherd View Post
Sorry, no accompanying photos, but I do have a couple or three Taks that I acquired with purchases of cameras. I have tried them and find them good performers. I don't think they are as good as my Fujinons nor my one Contax 50mm f/1.4. But my Fujinons and the Contax were purchased new. I know how they have been handled. Since I can't say the same for the Takumars, to say the are good performers is a big compliment.

I did not find them as contrasty as the Contax (which was almost too contrasty), and they "painted" differently than the Fujinons, with the Fujinons more to my liking. I don't know if that is because I used the Fujinons before the Takumars.

All in all, if Takumars were all I had, I am sure I would still be a happy picture taker.
nice to see all the photos accompanying this thread. All good!

Instagram @other_strange_creatures