View Single Post

Old 03-09-2019   #32
Dave Jenkins
Loose Canon

The Canon EOS A2 and its siblings A2e and EOS-5 were all-time great sleepers and were one of the best-kept secrets in photography. When first introduced they were nearly ten years ahead of the competition and were used by an astonishing number of working photographers. The A2's combination of just the right features, precision, silence, durability, and reliability made it one of the best cameras ever for day-in, day-out professional work.

I used a pair for eight years before the great digital switch, and they were utterly reliable. My A2s were responsible for an award-winning coffee-table book, numerous brochures, magazine articles, weddings, and all the other things in the work flow of a small-market commercial/editorial photographer. Yet, they are now dirt cheap.

I should mention that split-image viewing screens are available from B&H, and also, of course, eBay.

I gave one of mine to a friend. The other sits in honored retirement on my bookshelf in memory of some good times in my career.

My newest book, Backroads and Byways of Georgia is available now wherever books are sold.
Georgia: A Backroads Portrait http://blur.by/1gg1SMt is awaiting publication.
My best-selling book (28,000+ copies) is Rock City Barns: A Passing Era.
My web site: davidbjenkins.com