View Single Post

Old 04-18-2019   #44
Johngwill

Just to continue this theme, about 1 month ago I ordered from a Japanese ebay seller a Nikon S2 rangefinder with 50mm f2 lens. The description said body with minor scuffs and the lens had a 'little dust'. The photos seemed to agree with the description so I ordered.

What arrived earlier today was a Nikon S2 rangefinder with 50mm f2 lens, however it was a different camera and lens. The camera and lens serial numbers were not the same as the ebay photos, the body had a nasty ding on the bottom corner, the lens was full of haze, fungus, dust and many scratches. Plus the seller photos showed an included case and filter which were missing. Maybe the seller just sent the wrong camera to me!

I have requested a return and full refund and am just waiting for the sellers response. I suspect that perhaps the photos were a generic set and the seller just sent any camera and lens of the same type.

This is the second problem I've had recently with sellers from Japan, so maybe this will be my last. Recent purchases from Germany have been great, prices may be a little higher but the items I have received have matched or bettered the descriptions and most give a 3-6 month warranty.

Now a miserable Easter without a new camera to play with!!