View Single Post

Old 10-17-2019   #453
Swift1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dourbalistar View Post
Lovely photos as always, Colton! Keep shooting it and see how you get along. My guess is that at minimum focus wide open, the depth of field is so shallow that it's hard to tell the difference between back focus (camera error) or barely missing focus (user error).

In my experience, when you do nail focus wide open, the lens can be quite sharp in the right conditions. For me, this lens' sweet spot is f/2 and f/2.8, but f/1.4 is there if I really need it.
Thanks friend. Ya, I'm sure there is definitely some user error involved
I just loaded a 12 frame roll of Fujicolor 100 into my Leica M2, which I will use to do some careful controlled comparison shots with the 50/1.4 and the 50/2.2. Mostly because I'm not sure how I like the colors I have been getting from the 50/1.4 and I kinda know what to expect from the 50/2.2

Here's one of the better (color-wise) recent shots from my Canon LTM 50/1.4, almost a bit to saturated to me. This lens seems a bit temperamental to me, in that it does great if you get the exposure right, but with even slight overexposure, it loses a lot of contrast and saturation. I need to play with it more though.
This one I also posted in the Red Oktober thread.

Untitled by Colton Allen, on Flickr
1957 Zorki 4 rangefinder
Canon LTM 50/1.4
Expired Ferrania Solaris 200
Epson V750

If you're gonna shoot, shoot, don't talk. The Ugly
My Flickr
My Website