View Single Post

Old 11-29-2019   #37
splitimageview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfrey View Post
Personally, I see little point to investing more effort and work in using Aperture at all. ...
In my case, I find there is substantial 'point.'

There are several apps that have worked fine for me for years under older versions of Mac OS, that I don't want to upgrade as there is zero need, that won't run under Catalina, so I already run a virtual machine for those apps. These are simple to set up.

Once such app is Photoshop CS3, another is an older version of Quickbooks, 2 or 3 others, and then there is Aperture. Sure it hasn't been updated but it didn't really need to be.

Having used it for years, the learning curve is flat. That's a major time savings.

It's also a major time savings not having to convert all my Aperture libraries. Even if that is the sole reason to use a VM or the patched Aperture, that's a major convenience.

Quote:
[*]Aperture has not been developed further since before 2015, and does not run at all on macOS Catalina since it is not fully 64bit.
Yes, it will run fine on Catalina (with the exception of a few minor features, ones I've never ever used) as outlined above.