I must confess that my first attempt yielded results similar, very very thin. I attribute this to: 1) not using strong enough developer, I used dilution "H" Hc110 for fifteen minutes. Dilution H is twice as diluted as B. 2) darkroom too cold; 14 C ambient temp, according to Ilford chart, should have used 25 minutes! Finally found this info after the fact. 25 minutes is too long for development in a tray!
Just a static test subject (a statue in full sun). Will repeat, next time using dilution "B" which is what Jason recommends. So we will see.
It was a lot of fun to develop the plates, under one red safelight. I used a plastic kitchen spatula to move them from tray to tray. Good to be back in the darkroom.
“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
― Mark Twain