View Single Post

Old 12-18-2011   #10
sevres_babylone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koni Kowa View Post
The Nikkor rather be compared to the Canon 50/1.5 because both are Sonnar. You should search in the Canon and Nikon sections on RFF because I've already read lots of things on this comparison, from members who know both lenses. I don't know Nikkors.
What Koni Kowa says. The comparison is really with the Canon 50/1.5. I have both the Canon 50/1.5 and the 50/1.4. I once borrowed the Nikon 50/1.4. I slightly prefer the look of the Nikon 50/1.4 to the Canon 50/1.5. Either of those lenses would give you the biggest difference in look from your Nokton (I have one of those as well, and like it more than you do.)

I believe the Canon 50/1.4 sells for quite a bit less than the sonnars. I bought mine in April/May. I like it when I don't want a sonnar look (at one time, I never imagined even thinking that ). My only quarrel with it is that I get strange reflections when there is a very bright light, like a spotlight at a concert, when shooting into that light. (That's on my M9, and without a filter).