View Single Post

Old 10-10-2019   #89
burninfilm

I asked the Film Ferrania rep directly over at Photrio (former APUG site) about whether or not the E6 film has been cancelled. The reply was:

Quote:
I now state in my official capacity as spokesperson for FILM Ferrania: "Nothing has been cancelled."

Of course, Film Ferrania has also said that the original "rewards" were 100% going to happen and there was basically zero risk of not receiving color slide film if they made their Kickstarter goals. Or more recently, they admitted that communication from Film Ferrania hasn't been that great and that they would now be providing AT LEAST a monthly update. It has currently been about 7 months since the last backer update (the longest gap in communication... ever). So I wouldn't rely to much on what Film Ferrania says... LOL

They claim that "silent means busy", but in the past, the reality has been "silent means we are collecting bad news to tell you".

In regards to P30, I ordered 3 rolls to try it out, thinking that since they finally got the production machinery up and going, that maybe they'd be able to keep making product. But, after seeing reviews and realizing this film was more like ISO 25, that it was likely going to end up being 2X to 3X the price of current market-leading B&W films, and seeing that it was going to be nearly impossible to get more to continue trying it out, I sold my 3 rolls on eBay for $50. On the bright side, if Ferrania actually COULD maintain regular production, they might just be able to hype the film up enough to sell for $8-$12 a roll. At the time I listed mine for sale, it was basically the only P30 available for sale online... in the entire world... crazy!

The end of this month is the 5-year anniversary of their completed Kickstarter campaign. It would be a shame if all of the Kickstarter money, other invested money, time, and effort at Ferrania ended up being for a small production run of a defective 80-speed B&W film...

I wish them success as Ferrania has a lot of potential. Unfortunately, potential doesn't work well in a film camera.