View Single Post

Old 09-21-2019   #24
benlees

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler_101 View Post
With all due respect, I don't agree with your equating film cameras and digital ones. I am not going to dissent too radically from your initial premise: viz that sensor technology has reached a plateau for now and the cameras therefore will not be outdated immediately, but digital photography is moving forward technically and there will always be pressure to keep up with those changes. Furthermore electronic devices are subject to breakdown whether you pay $1500 or $5000 for the camera. There are a lot of good digital cameras new for 1500.

On the other hand 5,000 or 6,000 for a film M is money I would strongly consider spending because it is a camera I would have for the rest of my life. And it can be repaired indefinitely.

I never quite understand posts like this. There is no pressure to keep up with whatever the manufacturers want to sell you. You can, in fact, get yourself an electronic device that will last for years and years. Cameras, like other tools, should be used for purpose: in this case to make photos. Whatever perceived limitations that may include are just that: perceptions.