View Single Post

Old 06-13-2019   #23
Registered User
JoeLopez's Avatar
JoeLopez is offline
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 364
Originally Posted by retinax View Post
That would be the degree of blurring or defocusing or something like that, it's been a long time since I've read anyone on this well-educated forum refer to that as "bokeh". Bokeh is the quality of the defocused areas or, some people say, the quality of the the transition.
I'm with him
The quality of the shapes in the out of focus area. Soft = more appealing to the eye than sharp/edgy.
Minolta A5 - acquired September 2018

Other gear: Minolta X-570, Nikon F3/T, N90s & D750, Fuji X100T
Nikkor 50mm f1.8, 28mm f2.8 E, Voigtlander 40mm f/2.0 Ultron SL, Minolta 45mm f2 & 50mm f1.7

My Flickr | My ebay | Instagram
  Reply With Quote