View Single Post

Old 06-12-2019   #19
Registered User
NickTrop's Avatar
NickTrop is offline
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,063
Originally Posted by retinax View Post
That would be the degree of blurring or defocusing or something like that, it's been a long time since I've read anyone on this well-educated forum refer to that as "bokeh". Bokeh is the quality of the defocused areas or, some people say, the quality of the the transition.
I have never read any professionaly written photography book, professionally produced photographic website, or other media that makes the distinction you describe. They all call it bokeh.

  Reply With Quote