View Single Post

Old 11-20-2019   #55
2wenty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscrawfordphoto View Post
Some on Photrio's analogue forums have speculated that Kodak is getting their chemicals made now by the same American supplier that makes Freestyle's store-brand chemicals, and that the Kodak products are now identical to the Freestyle products, but at higher 'Kodak' prices.

I have tried the LegacyPro Lmax (Kodak Tmax Developer) and LegacyPro L-76 (D-76) developers and have found them to work identically to the Kodak products I had that were made in Germany by Tetanal before Kodak 'reformulated' their chemicals and brought production back to the US.

I'm going to keep buying the Freestyle stuff. The Lmax developer is an especially good deal; it costs half what Kodak's Tmax Developer does!
I ordered the LegacyPro Ecopro since its the same as XTOL and it looks like they have the foil packaging so I'm assuming they know whats up and it'll be fine. I'll just keep buying the Ecopro if all the times are the same.

Also going to switch from Kodafix to TF4. I'm not even going to attempt to keep using Kodak's stuff at this point. I don't have time to mess around or film to waste.

Also a little disappointed freestyle didn't offer to refund or replace the bad XTOL when I talked to them. They gave me Kodak's contact which seems lazy. I mean its their business. I assume they are just going to keep selling the bad XTOL. Also they initially didn't say anything when I asked what was up with the new packaging when I bought it. They only said they changed the packaging to save money. They should of said it's a new supplier.