View Single Post

Old 12-30-2011   #22
Thomas78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie123 View Post
I recently tried the multiple camera thing with two Hasselblads (one with an 80mm and one with a 50mm) and a 5DII around my neck when I took some photos of a friend of mine. Was a nightmare. Even though I was just a short distance away from the car and we soon went on to the next location it was less than convenient. Only way I'll ever do this again is if I have an assistant to hold the cameras I'm not using.
I also once tried to do a shooting of a band with three MF TLR (a C330 with 180mm, a Rolleiflex 3,5F (colour) and my Rollop Automat (b&w) it was really a nightmare to carry all the cameras around, especially when you have to move around with all the camera equipment (and doing this in the dark).

When I have a specific "task", e.g. taking pictures at a party, i normally only take one lens with me (50 mm).
Also in cities I think I can work with only a 28 or 35 mm.
But for a walk at the countryside a bit more flexibility would be handy.

My idea is to use my big camera bag where is enought room to easily place all the bodies with its attatched lenses.
So I would only have to put the camere I have in my hands back into the bag and take the other one. (I normally don't use camera straps and I think of using barnack style bobies like the Zorki I which is quite compact has a weight of 404 g (I just measured it without a lens).)