View Single Post

Old 03-10-2012   #15
HHPhoto

Hi Tim,

please allow me just to correct two things:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taija71A View Post
2). It should also be noted that ADOX CMS 20 Film is available in both the original (35mm) version and the newer ADOX CMS II 20 Film (which is 120 Size). As far as I know... These are *** Not *** the same emulsion.
Well, the films are similar. Adox CMS 20 II is fresh production Agfa-Gevaert HDP microfilm. The former CMS 20 (=Spur Orthopan UR film) is from a former version of Agfa HDP 13.

Both Adox CMS 20 II 35mm and 120 which are sold now are from the fresh stock. Recommended developer:
Adotech II. This developer (made by Spur) is optimised for this fresh emulsion.
Quote:
5). If using Agfa Copex Microfilm it is recommended to develop the Agfa Copex Microfilm in Spur Modular UR A/B Film Developer... For optimal results.
Best developer for Agfa Copex Rapid: Spur Modular UR New (with part A1 and part B for Agfa Copex Rapid).
It's the latest, improved version. Outstanding stuff.
Quote:
6). According to Erwin Puts... Spur Nano Edge Film developer is even better than the original ADOX Adotech Film Developer when using either the original ADOX CMS 20 Film or SPUR Orthopan UR.
Nano Edge production was stopped about two years ago.
Spur Modular UR New (with part A2 and B for Orthopan UR and Adox CMS 20) is the successor, improved version.

It is not so complicated as it looks. For you international buyers it is even quite easy.

If you want Adox CMS 20: All stuff Fotoimpex is selling now is the new stuff (fresh production). Go for it. Use Adotech II developer for it.
I don't know whether Freestyle has still stock of the old stuff. If you want to be on the safe side, buy directly at Fotoimpex.

If you want Agfa Copex Rapid: You can buy the film at
- www.macodirekt.de
- www.generalphoto.de
- www.fotoimpex.de (there it is labelled as Spur DSX film)
- www.spuersinn.de (there it is labelled as Spur DSX film)

Best developer for Agfa Copex Rapid (=Spur DSX):
Spur Modular UR New (with part A1 and part B)

(By the way: Part B is identical and can be used for Agfa Copex Rapid, Spur Orthopan and Adox CMS 20).

Cheers, Jan