Rangefinderforum.com

Rangefinderforum.com (http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Rangefinder Photography Discussion (http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Look what came in the mail (http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24779)

FrankS 06-13-2006 16:41

Look what came in the mail

1 Attachment(s)
Could this could become a sticky as a companion thread to "waiting for the mail", Joe?

Here's what came in the mail today for me: a Leicatime vintage brown case from Luigi. Looks good, feels good, smells good! (Interestingly, the package had been opened by Canada Customs. There was the official yellow tape resealing it.)

I'm expecting a rather special item from Vancouver any day now. Stay tuned.

sf 06-13-2006 16:44

That's a pretty nice piece of leather. I like it.

FrankS 06-13-2006 17:12

1 Attachment(s)
Looks good on my black M6 too. I'll be switching the case back and forth.

My flatbed scanner has gone "bits up" otherwise I'd love to properly share this photo I made of my son at the pool hall.

John Camp 06-13-2006 17:21

>>My flatbed scanner has gone "bits up"<<

Now **that's** funny.

JC

FrankS 06-13-2006 17:23

Thank you! I'm here all week.

back alley 06-13-2006 17:26

looks good frank.

i have been obsessing about a nice black one for my cl.

joe

Ash 06-13-2006 17:30

Nice case. I was about to offer you my flatbed scanner, then I realised it'd cost as much to ship it to you as it would for you to buy a new one!!

I'd post the Zorki case I got in the mail, but its not quite up to a Luigi!

back alley 06-13-2006 18:04

3 Attachment(s)
ok, this did come in the mail but not recently;)

i just wanted to show another luigi case, a simple but beautiful black case on the zeiss ikon.

ciao bella

joe

Trius 06-13-2006 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankS
Thank you! I'm here all week.

Can you extend your engagement to the 24th, at, say a pub Port Credit?

FrankS 06-13-2006 18:39

Yes, I think so. Just need to confirm that with my social director. :) And you?

FrankS 06-15-2006 14:04

The very special camera that I hinted at in the first post came in the mail for me today. I'll give out hints, you press the buzzer when you know the answer:

1. it's pristine

2. it's a professional black body

4. it's German designed and Japanese built

5. it came from Vancouver

6. it was previously owned by a zany guy

7. it should not suffer from dork bars anymore

You'should have got it by now if you've been around here or Pnet for a while.

Frank G says hi. He gave me a great deal and packed the camera to withstand a nuclear blast.

I sold my well used CL to ampguy, knowing that this one was on the way. I really like the CL and 40 Summi or Rokkor combo. It is a very effective and capable picture-making package.

Thank you, Frank!

aad 06-15-2006 14:09

As soon as you said pristine..

dadsm3 06-15-2006 14:12

Frank, you can't switch that case onto different cameras, the trauma damages them emotionally and they will leave RFF and go to a competing forum.

Flyfisher Tom 06-15-2006 14:20

Nice case Frank.

Reminds me of a gunslinger's holster ;-)

FrankS 06-15-2006 14:23

Yep, the Luigi case fits like a glove on both the M3 and M6. Swapping allowed.

darkkavenger 06-15-2006 14:24

I bet you bought a Zeiss-Ikon from Frank Granovski ;)

FrankS 06-15-2006 14:26

Very close, Max! It was his Leica CL. :)

darkkavenger 06-15-2006 14:28

I was wondering if he really had a black ZI..I think he has one, but he bought the early silver ones :) time to bed for me... hopefully tomorrow I'll find the Contax-III at work :)

FrankS 06-15-2006 14:33

He told me that he was happy with his Bessa rangefinders and Nikon slrs, he didn't mention a Zeiss Ikon.

darkkavenger 06-15-2006 14:48

No worries Frank! It's just that I'm wasting my time on the computer instead of sleeping, at least i'm drinking water with syrup, not alcohol! And now off to bed for real goodnight America & Canada ;)

ampguy 06-15-2006 15:17

Hi Frank

Congrats! I can't wait for the CL, got my Rokkor 40, f2 today in the mail!

Meterless cameras will be new to me (well those that can do more than fixed 1/30th @ 2.8 ... ) -- I'll have to lug around an XA or ql17 around until I get a proper meter...

Quote:

The very special camera that I hinted at in the first post came in the mail for me today. I'll give out hints, you press the buzzer when you know the answer:

1. it's pristine

Frank G says hi. He gave me a great deal and packed the camera to withstand a nuclear blast.

I sold my well used CL to ampguy, knowing that this one was on the way. I really like the CL and 40 Summi or Rokkor combo. It is a very effective and capable picture-making package.

Thank you, Frank!

FrankS 06-15-2006 15:21

Ted, Have a look at the CV Meter II. It will sit nicely on the CL's hotshoe. That's what I used on it quite often. What's cool about it is that you can take a meter reading without raising the camera to your eye, set the exposure and be ready for stealthy photography. Did you get the 40mm lens from the PNet ad?

raid 06-15-2006 16:30

Quote:

1. it's pristine

Thank you, Frank!

I also received the same type Luigi camera case for my M3. Did you replace a user's CL with a mintish CL? By the way, what will you use as a strap with the Luigi case?

Enjoy your "toys".

Regards,
Raid

FrankS 06-15-2006 17:10

Hi Raid,
Do you like your Luigi case too?
Yes, I cosmetically upgraded my CL. This new one has a working meter too.
I use just a normal woven nylon camera strap attached to the camera body lugs with the M6 and Luigi case.

ampguy 06-15-2006 17:45

Thanks Frank

I'm leaining towards a Gossen Digisix, but have heard great things about the CV II. Yes, I purchased the 40mm f2 rokkor CLE lens that was on Pnet.

Quote:

Ted, Have a look at the CV Meter II. It will sit nicely on the CL's hotshoe. That's what I used on it quite often. What's cool about it is that you can take a meter reading without raising the camera to your eye, set the exposure and be ready for stealthy photography. Did you get the 40mm lens from the PNet ad?

FrankS 06-15-2006 17:49

Good deal on that lens. Try to handle a Gossen Digisix before you buy. I've read that they are fiddly. Too many unnecessary functions.

raid 06-15-2006 18:21

I stick to my trusted Pentax Digital spotmeter. It is a highly accurate and easy to master light meter. Once you get used to taking several spotmeter readings from a scene and then choosing the right exposure for the right effect, it becomes a very powerful tool.

raid 06-15-2006 18:22

Frank,

Yes, I got my beautiful old leather type camera case for my M3. Now, the M3 will see more sure than before with its full camera case. I thought I would never pay that much for a case, but the old leather look got to me.

I may also use simple alternatives for a strap.

Regards,

Raid

lubitel 06-16-2006 05:50

just finally got a black CV 35/2.5 :D (after paying a heavy duty tax)

I gotta say its the sweetest little lens I've ever seen! Even my wife said: "its so cute" instead of her usual "another lens?"

jwcat 06-16-2006 11:18

Just got in the IIIf body. Arrived without damage. I have only dry fired it so far, seems to be fine. Still waiting for my I-50 from Fedka and my fake ABLON from the bay. I know, I know, everybody else eyeballs it, but I want it to be right at least in the beginning. :p The J-8 looks good mounted on it.

Fred 06-16-2006 11:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by lubitel
just finally got a black CV 35/2.5 :D (after paying a heavy duty tax)

I gotta say its the sweetest little lens I've ever seen! Even my wife said: "its so cute" instead of her usual "another lens?"

This is a wonderful lens. It was the second or third (they turned up in the same box) lens I got for my RF. Its really small and light and does not take up any VF real estate on an M.

Have fun it's a really sharp lens :)

FrankS 06-16-2006 15:03

My vote can be bought too. Has he got any more? :) Lucky day!

back alley 06-16-2006 15:49

i'm a dual citizen...i can be bought in 2 countries!!!

i'm waiting on the half case for the cl and then i'll post a pic along with the 40/1.4

joe

Trius 06-16-2006 17:47

dual citizen here, too. joe and I will duel over any remaining Leicas.

MinorTones 06-16-2006 18:50

"Festooned with a rubber chicken"

I wish i could photograph that courtroom scene.

Have fun with the IIIc.

pesphoto 06-20-2006 09:50

1 Attachment(s)
Just got my Isolette yesterday. It came from ebay so Im skeptical, but I tried it out on lunch break today. will develop the film (TriX) tonight to see. Im expecting light leaks and Im not really sure if the focusing dial on the fromt is working. It seems to move very loosely and I can't get the infinity symbol to line up with the arrow. Im thinking that could be an issue.

pesphoto 06-20-2006 09:52

Anyone have a tip for getting of the musty smell?

FrankS 06-20-2006 10:16

Agfa has a reputation for using a lube that turns into green glue over the years. The focus threads will have to be cleaned and relubed.

raid 06-20-2006 10:21

I am expecting a leather camera bag (by Leitz) to fit my Luigi brown camera case for the M3.

pesphoto 06-20-2006 10:21

Thanks Frank, If I develop the film tonight and the focus is not working I may give it a go fixing it myself. It was only $20.00.