Rangefinderforum.com

Rangefinderforum.com (http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Simon Says -- SimonSawSunlight Photo Technique (http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=194)
-   -   istanbul dissection I (http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132536)

SimonSawSunlight 05-08-2013 01:43

istanbul dissection I
 
so far, i haven't managed to shoot as much and in the way i would like here in istanbul. but i've managed to put together a first series / collection of pictures on my blog.
see here if interested: http://simonsawstreet.blogspot.com/2...section-i.html

user237428934 05-08-2013 01:53

You can talk about your problems here http://www.rangefinderforum.com/foru...d.php?t=132330 ;)

Interesting views as always.

SimonSawSunlight 05-09-2013 23:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom.w.bn (Post 2134797)
You can talk about your problems here http://www.rangefinderforum.com/foru...d.php?t=132330 ;)

Interesting views as always.

ha, yes indeed.

mathiasprinz 05-10-2013 02:47

i love the one with the gun. also, the cats ears looking out of the windows are both clever and hillarious. love the tones, gotta get me some dd-x. and a ticket to a foreign place.

bonatto 05-10-2013 02:52

a pleasure to view. thanks for posting.

johannielscom 05-10-2013 03:39

Great stuff Simon. Thanks for posting.

Missed you in Berlin last week, even though I knew I wouldn't find you there. Next time, right!?

jky 05-10-2013 05:01

Great stuff. Well done.

shadowfox 05-10-2013 08:42

Nothing but "likes" from me.

stompyq 05-10-2013 09:00

Love that first pic simon. The one with the cat is fantastic too

jsrockit 05-10-2013 09:28

Some truly great ones in there.

lawrence 05-10-2013 10:09

I like the guy inspecting the olive best. Keep up the good work.

SimonSawSunlight 05-10-2013 13:23

thanks everybody.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrence (Post 2136632)
I like the guy inspecting the olive best. Keep up the good work.

lawrence, that is actually an iranian fellow inspecting a one-dollar-coin. ;)

rondo 05-10-2013 14:10

Excellent. Thanks for not showing us the blue mosque.
All really good. Love the yayli tanbur shot a lot. Wonder where you took that one? Doesn't look like a crappy tourist joint. I would still think it is in Beyoglu, but maybe not?
You have captured something essential about Istanbul...I can see you are trying to go beyond the surface. This set proves my point: The best so called street shots are always taken in inside spaces! At least, side streets!
Very inspiring.

Tom A 05-10-2013 14:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimonSawSunlight (Post 2134794)
so far, i haven't managed to shoot as much and in the way i would like here in istanbul. but i've managed to put together a first series / collection of pictures on my blog.
see here if interested: http://simonsawstreet.blogspot.com/2...section-i.html

Simon, could not figure out how to comment on your blog. Great pictures - but I expect nothing less from you. Of course, deeply envious of your stay there.

SimonSawSunlight 05-10-2013 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by rondo (Post 2136765)
Love the yayli tanbur shot a lot. Wonder where you took that one? Doesn't look like a crappy tourist joint. I would still think it is in Beyoglu, but maybe not?

correct on all accounts. it was taken late at night / early in the morning in an artist's atelier in karaköy / galata. the people in the shot are among the best that the istanbul jazz scene has to offer, this was some sort of private "afterparty" the night of a major gig.

lawrence 05-11-2013 00:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimonSawSunlight (Post 2136743)
thanks everybody.

lawrence, that is actually an iranian fellow inspecting a one-dollar-coin. ;)

Well it looks like its going in the stew but chacun à son goût I suppose :rolleyes:

Gabriel M.A. 05-11-2013 02:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimonSawSunlight (Post 2134794)


bery nahce

Nokton48 05-11-2013 08:43

Very well done! Great Eye. Enjoyed viewing these.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:21.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

All content on this site is Copyright Protected and owned by its respective owner. You may link to content on this site but you may not reproduce any of it in whole or part without written consent from its owner.