Rangefinderforum.com (http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Photo Accessories / Bags/ Meters / Tripods etc (http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   What Is This? (http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169848)

Sarcophilus Harrisii 10-29-2019 02:23

What Is This?
Looking at the very fine adjustments built into it, I suspect it's some type of close focusing accessory. But for what camera, lens, or application, I have no idea. It came in a lot of miscellaneous Leitz rangefinder and other photographic equipment. Made by Tasco, according to the name on the reverse, but no description or other clues are on its box. Any information gratefully received.

Dralowid 10-29-2019 02:40

Tasco make (or made) binoculars and gun sights etc, someone will know...

Arthur 10-29-2019 03:57

It is intended for use in photomicrography; i.e. for maneuvering a microscope slide about. The user would be able to find again a particular finding, or feature, using the numbers.

andrewmore 10-29-2019 05:56

Not just for photomicroscopy, but microscopy in general. Things like this are often found on higher-end microscopes as a built-in (or easily detachable) feature.


Andrew More

rfaspen 10-29-2019 06:37

Slide positioning apparatus of a microscope stage. I might grab a photo of one of mine if I make it into the lab today...

Sarcophilus Harrisii 10-29-2019 19:51

Thanks very much, everyone. Much appreciated. Wouldn't have worked that out myself. Here's a search result I found with your suggestions (an unrelated eBay listing with images and description).

Thanks again!

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:48.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

All content on this site is Copyright Protected and owned by its respective owner. You may link to content on this site but you may not reproduce any of it in whole or part without written consent from its owner.