PDA

View Full Version : Photo Essay--Transit

Filson Back
09-20-2010, 18:44
Lately I've been wondering if the visual language of street photography has been depleted from intense over use. For example John F. Conn did his amazing work on the NYC subway in the 80s and Evans did his covert shots on the same system even earlier. That said transit is a great place for the new hand to learn the ropes, learn to see--get used to making those decisions about talking to people, asking for a shot or just taking those juxtapositions that happen. Here's my brief photo essay on transit. These are half rf (Leica M2) and half slr (Pentax K7)--critique welcome: http://www.flickr.com/photos/motel_noir/sets/72157624869457925/

robert blu
10-03-2010, 12:49
I have seen only today this post, I gave a quick look at your flickr essay and found some good images, like the fourth. Bookmarked and give a better look tomorrow.
robert

Damaso
10-03-2010, 13:27
Great intimate images, good work!

Bingley
10-14-2010, 19:26
Mike -- I just stumbled upon this thread of yours... I really enjoyed the flickr set! Photos of people in transit makes a great ongoing subject (I've got something like that going on my flickr, too), and you've got some very nice work there.