PDA

View Full Version : Adapters for lenses and more

Roger Hicks
07-28-2010, 00:37
I have no connection with these people, apart from being a (very) satisfied customer. SRB-Griturn (www.srb-griturn.com) sell all kinds of off-the-shelf adapters and make custom ones as well: I have a Nikon-to- Leica adapter and a Pentacon 6-to-Nikon adapter.

They also do combinations of off-the-shelf and custom. For example, my Nikon-to-Leica adapter is to Leica screw mount, because that was a lot cheaper and all I needed was a screw-to-bayonet adapter (their suggestion, though I should have thought of it for myself).

Something else I have from them is a PV (Pan Vision) filter, a dark olive green viewing filter (i.e. you put it in front of your eye) that is incredibly useful for seeing how the tonal relationships in a scene may look when photographed in black and white.

I've recommended them several times to people who are looking for adapters, and my PV finder prompted me to make this post.

Cheers,

R.

oftheherd
07-28-2010, 01:15

Something else I have from them is a PV (Pan Vision) filter, a dark olive green viewing filter (i.e. you put it in front of your eye) that is incredibly useful for seeing how the tonal relationships in a scene may look when photographed in black and white.

I've recommended them several times to people who are looking for adapters, and my PV finder prompted me to make this post.

Cheers,

R.

Thanks for the link Mr. Hicks. Do you remember the Kodak booklets that had among other things, acetate filters, including one for looking at how a b/w scene might render? I have one around the house somewhere.

charjohncarter
07-28-2010, 08:24
Yes, thanks for that link: I like the veiwing filter idea, I wish someone would make a vignetting filter.