PDA

View Full Version : EU B&W Print Swap?

jbielikowski
06-29-2010, 11:42
Hello, anybody interested in print swap? Let's say darkroom prints only, size... dunno. In pairs, without "third" person. One good print, chosen by recipient or author. Prefered Europe only, overseas postage could be difficult, more expensive, and can do harm to prints. Ideas? Volunteers?

Florian1234
06-29-2010, 12:02
Well, if I would have prints at hand or at least access to make some, I would be in for it.
But I moved in April and don't have space for a darkroom anymore *sigh*

As an idea maybe it would be nice to pre-chose a topic or so? If that would work anyway...

Matus
06-29-2010, 12:15
The only darkroom prints I would be able to offer are 4x5 contact prints as I do not have any true darkroom an no place for an enlarger.

john neal
06-29-2010, 12:31
Another vote for "no darkroom in working order" :( otherwise I would jump in with 10 x 8 as a suggestion of a reasonable size - anything bigger would have to be rolled, I think

jbielikowski
06-29-2010, 12:59
ok, but lets stick to something specified. 10x8/18x24 should be fine.

MartinP
06-29-2010, 12:59
Something like A4, or about a foot on the longest dimension, is the same size as a lot of post-delivered magazines so cardboard envelopes are easy to get. The recent print exchange saw this work adequately across the world (or I didn't hear of anyone getting wrecked prints anyway) and I was able to 're-cycle' an envelope from the LFI !

So, silver prints under 30cm ? Any subject given could be vague and also interesting . . . eg. 'my area' or something like that. Just as long as it isn't the World Cup . . .

jbielikowski
06-29-2010, 14:14
bigger is 24x30cm, still envelope will be no problem, and bigger is better. if previous swaps were international lets make this one too.

Silver print, no lab crap and I think its enough, any subject will limit choice of the best one.

More suggestions are welcomed.