PDA

View Full Version : "Special" lenses for M9

laica
05-18-2010, 10:48
Hi Roger,
I am kind of new to the RF world.
I got my M9 with Summilux 50 six months ago and enjoying it a lot.
I was wondering whether besides Leica, Voigtlander, Zeiss what other special lenstypes are available for the M mount.
I am looking for lenses that give me another unpredictable/ special look. Could you point me to the right direction ?

Roger Hicks
05-18-2010, 11:03
There are lots. FSU; Japanese; British (Ross, Taylor, Taylor Hobson, BOC. Dallmeyer and I think more); French (I think Angenieux made them, but Foca aren't compatible); American; Czech; Chinese (rare, M-mount only); German... The secret for the most part is screw mount (39mm x 26 tpi) with M-adapters. If you can find a copy of my Rangefinder Book it lists many of them, but not all (there's always something new).

Beware of Leica fit and register but uncoupled (Periflex fit, VERY early Leica) or Leica screw but not register (early Zenith).

Sorry I can't be more helpful but there's half a book here...

Cheers,

R.

Krosya
05-20-2010, 11:35
M-Mount? besides Leica, Voigtlander and Zeiss ZM - Konica M-Hexanons of course.
With LTM-M adapter - as Roger said - lots. I'd look into Canon, Nikkor, Pentax, Former Soviet Union lenses. If you can tell what you are looking for/mean by "special" look and in what FL - it'd be easier to be more specific.