PDA

View Full Version : Print Swap - May 2010

sojournerphoto
03-23-2010, 14:49
It's been a while since the last print swap and I wonder if anyone fancies another. I've thoughts on a couple of different approches that might work:

1. Same as the previous swap - all interested members PM me with their details and I will organise pairs to swap prints. Pluses are that it's easy, negative is that I cannot guarantee that everyone will receive a print if your partner fails to send one. This happened to a couple of people last time.

2. If the group is a manageable size and there is sufficient interest, I will investigate a portfolio approach. My thoughts are that each participant provides a print or print ready digital file. I will print up the appropriate number of portfolios using my HP Z3100 printer (I would need to investigate box sizes/packaging to manage costs) and post out to all participants. Pluses - you get more prints and don't lose out because someone fails to play and it's different. Negatives - I would need to charge costs (not profit) so it will cost money, it will take me a few weeks to copy/print the portfolios, the prints would be the best I can make, but might be slightly different that the original.

If anyone is interested please PM me and let me know which option you would prefer.

Cheers

Mike

Roberto V.
04-15-2010, 21:35
I think this is a great idea, I hope we can get some more people in on this thread. If this happens I'm definitely in.

Doug
04-15-2010, 22:50
I'd like to participate in another print swap. Having done several, it was a good experience. I think I missed the last one or two. The portfolio idea is intriguing, and would add more value, sort of in the direction of the Lulu books we did. The traditional one-on-one swaps were fine too, and put more of the creative control in the hands of the contributors.

sojournerphoto
04-29-2010, 09:49
OK, some people have replied and I'll organise another print swap.

I'll put up some details later tonight, but register here and be ready to send me a pm with details (what is needed will be listed later).

Mike

palec
04-29-2010, 09:58
I'd like to participate, but can print and send only after half of May.

ampguy
04-29-2010, 10:07
Could this possibly be country based? I'd be pleased to participate in a US or North American group where the shipping would be low.

MartinP
04-29-2010, 10:09
I'll give a "definite maybe", depending on what the details are :)

Matus
04-29-2010, 10:24
I would gladly take part too!

kzphoto
04-29-2010, 10:25
Count me in. I print pretty large, however.

Sparrow
04-29-2010, 10:34
I'll through one in the ring

Bike Tourist
04-29-2010, 10:47
Sounds interesting.

dcsang
04-29-2010, 11:10
Sounds like fun - why not - I wonder about the details - does it have to be wet printing or can we scan and print digitally?

Cheers,
Dave

plummerl
04-29-2010, 11:33
Go, for liftoff!

sojournerphoto
04-29-2010, 14:04
OK, glad there's some enthusiasm.

Last time some people didn't receive their prints and I don't want the same to happen this time. However, I cannot do anything about people's failure to play their part if we do a standard swap. So here are the rules and two options:

1. Printing can be either wet or dry, colour or monochrome, but please try to make a nice print. Source can be digital or film - something that you are proud of/pleased with.

2. Prints to be made and posted ideally within 2 weeks of me publishing 'THE LIST' on this thread and via PM, but certainly by the end of May - Palec your in!

3. Any subject, but please state if you do not wish to receive any particular type of image, e.g. nudes, and I will try to match you appropriately.

4. Similarly, if you know what you'll print let me know, but if not that's fine.

5. You can tell me what you'd like to recevie, but I may take no notice:)

6. We will exchange one print each way - sometimes people send more, but you don't need to.

7. I like prints around 10 by 7 or 12 by 8. They're fairly easy to post without buying a tube. KZphoto - this is not a rule, you can print bg if you want to but you may recevie a smaller print back. Think of it as a 'jewel'.

8. I will match everyone with someone else and tell you where to send your prints.

Options:

A - We send prints directly to our partner. This is quick and the easiest approach, but you run the risk if the other party lets you down. I will be sympathetic, but cannot enforce or take legal (or other) action to fix these occasional problems. In this case I will try to match people to others in their own country to save on postage unless you specify otherwise and you accept that there is a chance that you are the odd person (at random) who gets to post overseas.

B - I will collate the prints and forward to the recipients. This will only work if the number of participants is such that I can afford it without breaking the bank. I will confirm this once everyone has opted in by PM and if there are too many then we revert to option 1! I don't want money for this as that would just add complexity and potential for other issues! You would need to pack the prints so that I can check and resend in the original packing.

If you wish to take part please can you let me know by PM your:

Screen Name

Real name

Email address (optional, but it helps me keep track)

Postal Address

Subject you don't want to receive (optional and for reasons of outlook, not just because you're bored of sunsets)

Subject you would like to receive (optional, if you're really bothered)

What you might print (optional, if you've even decided yet. You'll mostky change this anyway)

Option 1 or 2

Whether you'd like me to try to work out how to put up a gallery of the images on here so people can see them all.

Sorry that's all so long, but hopefully it covers everything. At least we can guage the number of participants.

I'll leave this up for a few days before finalising.

Mike

Bob Michaels
04-29-2010, 14:32
I will send someone a print. If I get one in return, that will be great. If I like it, even better. If not, the sun will still rise the next day.

Bob Michaels

jtzordon
04-29-2010, 15:45
Count me in.

Morca007
04-29-2010, 16:37
I'm in, wanted to participate in one of these threads for a good while!

plummerl
04-29-2010, 17:20
I'm with Bob!:)I will send someone a print. If I get one in return, that will be great. If I like it, even better. If not, the sun will still rise the next day.

Bob Michaels

shyoon
04-29-2010, 17:27
I'd be interested. This will give a me deadline in which to complete my darkroom as well.

dcsang
04-29-2010, 17:35
THanks for the "rules" :)
This sounds like fun :)

Looking forward to it !

Cheers,
Dave

Doug
04-29-2010, 18:15
it's been a while since an RFF print swap.... looking forward to it!

marcr1230
04-29-2010, 18:22
I'm in - it will force me to set up the old darkroom

Morca007
04-29-2010, 20:20
Made my first 6x6 enlargement tonight, in preparation for this; it's been too long since I've made a wet print, I forgot how much fun it is!

underbyte
04-29-2010, 20:29
I'm in too!

ampguy
04-29-2010, 20:33
I'm interested if it's option 1 only. I don't see the reason for a middleman to get involved with censoring and manhandling the art.

Just pair people up, if someone is late or screws up, that's life. I just did a pnet trade with 3 people each. Sent 3 photos, got 3 photos.

This should not be complicated.

tj01
04-29-2010, 20:38
I'm also with bob. Count me in.

I will send someone a print. If I get one in return, that will be great. If I like it, even better. If not, the sun will still rise the next day.

Bob Michaels

Sparrow
04-30-2010, 00:27
I'm interested if it's option 1 only. I don't see the reason for a middleman to get involved with censoring and manhandling the art.

Just pair people up, if someone is late or screws up, that's life. I just did a pnet trade with 3 people each. Sent 3 photos, got 3 photos.

This should not be complicated.

yep, I donít see the need for lots of rules, just draw lots to pair folk up then we each PM our address to the other :)

sojournerphoto
04-30-2010, 01:12
Update

The consensus is for Option A - a straight swap.

Ampguy - no intent to censor, but people get upset when they are let down.

Mike

rbiemer
04-30-2010, 07:13
I'll participate as well.
Rob

EDIT: Worldwide is fine for me.

pesphoto
04-30-2010, 07:15
I am in too

ampguy
04-30-2010, 08:00
OK, but it seems a difficult task to accurately try to give folks what they are looking for image wise, right?

In the pnet swap, there were some who did not get theirs, and several late senders. The idea was to send 3 8x10s out (and a 5x7 optional), and get 3 of same.

I got 1 on time, 2 late, 1 rain drenched, but probably not the sender's fault. 2 were mailed in the USPS photo mailers, one in an 8x12 padded manilla envelope with cardboard re-inforcements on both sides (that worked). The latter is what I sent all 3 of mine in.

What I received was OK stuff, nothing to frame or hang on the walls for my tastes, but I wasn't disappointed, nor would I if I only got say 2. If I only got 1 or 0, I would have been disappointed, but wouldn't have blamed the organizer.

My suggestion is to not participate if you're not 100% sure you can print and mail by the deadline, and on the recipient side, to be prepared to not get something either at all, or on time, but still be thankful to the organizer.

Update

The consensus is for Option A - a straight swap.

Ampguy - no intent to censor, but people get upset when they are let down.

Mike

sojournerphoto
04-30-2010, 08:25
OK, but it seems a difficult task to accurately try to give folks what they are looking for image wise, right?....

My suggestion is to not participate if you're not 100% sure you can print and mail by the deadline, and on the recipient side, to be prepared to not get something either at all, or on time, but still be thankful to the organizer.

Yes, giving everyone what they want would be impossible - hence the disclaimer.

Your suggested approach is perfect imho:)

Mike

BTMarcais
04-30-2010, 14:18
i know for mine, I SENT them on time, but they got turned around in italian customs, and I had to send them again. Unfortunately I was visiting my in-laws in Europe in between... :(

I added an extra print to the package to make up for the delay though.

I figure we all do the best we can- I'm with ampguy: "My suggestion is to not participate if you're not 100% sure you can print and mail by the deadline, and on the recipient side, to be prepared to not get something either at all, or on time, but still be thankful to the organizer."

and we definitely should be thankful to Mike for putting this together again.
(Thanks Mike! :-))

-Brian

kermaier
04-30-2010, 14:30
This sounds like fun - I'm in!
Ari

snausages
04-30-2010, 14:31
I like it. I'm in.

michaelshane
04-30-2010, 17:07
I'm in....:)

sojournerphoto
05-01-2010, 06:42
All

Looking good - we've got a good turnout. if you haven't PM'd me your details please can you do that. I'll keep the list open until Monday evening (UK) and then sort out the pairs.

Straight swap and most within own country to save postage costs.

Mike

Mauro
05-03-2010, 07:05
I would like to join this print swap: Mike, thanks a lot for your efforts!

sojournerphoto
05-05-2010, 14:44
All

Sorry for the delay - been working too hard. I'll pull the list together in the next couple of days and PM/post on here. If you haven't PM'd me your details yet please can you do so as soon as possible

Thanks

MIke

Roberto V.
05-05-2010, 23:59
I'm definitely in, I'll PM you in a minute.

Edit: I'll PM you tomorrow or friday so I can give you the address of my P.O. box in U.S.A.

sojournerphoto
05-11-2010, 14:52
Ok everyone, sorry for the delay, but I had to work last week!

I've now collated al the responses, ranmdomised everyone, trying to keep at countries or continents together for the sake of postage costs in the current recesionary climate. I've listed the pairs below by screenname and will pm adresses etc over the next couple of days. Of course you can exchange pms for addresses meanwhile if you want!

There are 8 people who expressed an interest but didn't send me a pm - I've put you into pairs at the bottom. If you go for it can you let me know or more importantly if one wants and one doesn't then let me know and I'll try to set up a different pairing.

Luna has no pair at present - if anyone else wants to join let me know - otherwise I'll do an extra swap.

Finally, I'll pm my email address so that anyone who wants to be 'in the gallery' can send me a scan or photo of their print (or the small version of the file) and I'll try to work something out. I've just nitcied we've got (potenitally) 30 people, so that would make quite a decent gallery.

Cheers

Mike

Pairs

rbiemer - underbyte
pesphoto - Doug
Bob Michaels - Roberto V.
Morca007 - jtzordon
NB23 - jljohn
kermaier - michaelshane
snausages - BTMarcais
tj01 - shyoon
Luna - to be confirmed
Sparrow - sojournerphoto
Mauro - palec

MartinP - Bike Tourist
ampguy - dcsang
plummerl - Matus
kzphoto - marcr1230

Bob Michaels
05-11-2010, 17:07
Send me Roberto V's postal address and I will stick these prints in the mail. I am ready to ship.

Actually I have 10 prints but that is only because I shoot series, not individual photos. I like to think that the whole tends to be greater than the sum of the individual parts. That certainly is not any indication that anyone else needs to send more than one print.

These prints are all recent work, from my in process series "Cuba - people"

ampguy
05-12-2010, 05:10
I'm sure Dave's photos are better than mine, but we're also in different countries. If Dave still wants to do the swap this is fine, but otherwise, logistically, if he swapped with a Canadian, and I someone in the US, it would go faster and easier.

In fact, if someone lives near a Walgreens, or just wants to swap big files, that would work too.

Ok everyone, sorry for the delay, but I had to work last week!

I've now collated al the responses, ranmdomised everyone, trying to keep at countries or continents together for the sake of postage costs in the current recesionary climate. I've listed the pairs below by screenname and will pm adresses etc over the next couple of days. Of course you can exchange pms for addresses meanwhile if you want!

There are 8 people who expressed an interest but didn't send me a pm - I've put you into pairs at the bottom. If you go for it can you let me know or more importantly if one wants and one doesn't then let me know and I'll try to set up a different pairing.

Luna has no pair at present - if anyone else wants to join let me know - otherwise I'll do an extra swap.

Finally, I'll pm my email address so that anyone who wants to be 'in the gallery' can send me a scan or photo of their print (or the small version of the file) and I'll try to work something out. I've just nitcied we've got (potenitally) 30 people, so that would make quite a decent gallery.

Cheers

Mike

Pairs

rbiemer - underbyte
pesphoto - Doug
Bob Michaels - Roberto V.
Morca007 - jtzordon
NB23 - jljohn
kermaier - michaelshane
snausages - BTMarcais
tj01 - shyoon
Luna - to be confirmed
Sparrow - sojournerphoto
Mauro - palec

MartinP - Bike Tourist
ampguy - dcsang
plummerl - Matus
kzphoto - marcr1230

dcsang
05-12-2010, 05:45
I'm good.. I never have issues shipping to the U.S. and seeing as how I print on an Epson 3800 and pack my prints properly I'd be happy to ship to Timbuktu if necessary :)

Cheers,
Dave

jhawker
05-12-2010, 06:05
Hello All,
I would be interested in this exchange.
I'll await instructions.
JH

sojournerphoto
05-12-2010, 14:34
All

I have slightly updated the list to allow for a couple of national boundaries. There are still a few international swaps, but hopefully you will all be OK. The new list is at the bottom and I've PM'd everyone now.

We have one member who would like to swap if there are any more takers out there. If I don't hear by the weekend I will do an extra swap.

I've also had the first few photos arrive and will either doa flickr gallery or set on up here when I've got a few more.

Over 30 people and more photos.

Great stuff and thanks for taking part.

Mike

rbiemer - underbyte
pesphoto - Doug
Bob Michaels - Roberto V
Morca007 - jtzordan
BTMarcais - jljohn
kermaier - MichaelShane
snausages - ampguy
tj01 - shyoon
luna - jhawker
sparrow - sojournerphoto
Mauro - palec
MartinP - Bike Tourist
nb23 - dcsang
plummerl - matus
kzphoto - marcr1230

plus

zoeica - ?

Riccis
05-12-2010, 14:40
I'd love to participate...

sojournerphoto
05-12-2010, 14:42
I'd love to participate...

I think that zoeica has a pairing then. I'll PM you both

Mike

Durr3
05-12-2010, 15:00
is it too late to get involved? I will swap internationally if needed. Thanks.

Bob Michaels
05-12-2010, 19:07
You know it is OK to just PM someone whose style you appreciate and ask for a postal address to send them a print or two.

I always get a friendly response, sometimes print(s) in return.

ampguy
05-12-2010, 21:16
If you live near a Walgreens, and like any of my stuff, just let me know.

You know it is OK to just PM someone whose style you appreciate and ask for a postal address to send them a print or two.

I always get a friendly response, sometimes print(s) in return.

kzphoto
05-12-2010, 21:27
my print for the swap:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1218/4602721229_1f008c9140.jpg

Part of an on-going project in SF.

kzphoto
05-12-2010, 21:39
Also, anyone have any advice for shipping these prints? I was going to wrap the thing in a tube and just let it go, but I'm curious if sending the print flat would be better?

ampguy
05-13-2010, 09:01
use a USPS padded photo mailer or equivalent. Basically keeps the print flat, has all the markings for "do not bend" etc., and is padded, with cardboard on both sides.

BTW, I have 2 of my barn in the fog 8x10s ready to ship if anyone in the US wants to do a quick swap.

http://tedmphoto.blogspot.com/search?q=barn

Also, anyone have any advice for shipping these prints? I was going to wrap the thing in a tube and just let it go, but I'm curious if sending the print flat would be better?

plummerl
05-13-2010, 12:21
I typically send mine by using a single sheet of oversize foamcore. It's extremely light, yet strong. This inside of the USPS mailer (or equivalent) keeps it from the usual bending.Also, anyone have any advice for shipping these prints? I was going to wrap the thing in a tube and just let it go, but I'm curious if sending the print flat would be better?

Bob Michaels
05-13-2010, 15:33
If you live near a Walgreens, and like any of my stuff, just let me know.

Sorry, there are no Walgreens around here. But I have no problems exchanging prints with anyone.

ampguy
05-13-2010, 16:05
There are 4 in Apopoka, FL.

Sorry, there are no Walgreens around here. But I have no problems exchanging prints with anyone.

Bob Michaels
05-13-2010, 17:44
There are 4 in Apopoka, FL.

To be honest, I was thinking you were going to send a file to a local Walgreens so they could print it and I could pick it up there.

Not that there is anything wrong with that, it is just that is not my thing. I hope I have not offended you.

I will be happy to send you a print. It will be the best print I can make, or I think anyone can make, from one of my negs.

Again, I sincerely hope I have no offended you or anyone.

ampguy
05-13-2010, 18:00
No offense taken. I just like to support vendors who are still supporting film like Walgreens and Costco.

If you'd like an 8x10 from me, just email me your mailing address. You can send one, and I bet I will like the content, but I've not seen a wet print ever that equals a good Walgreens Fuji Frontier or Noritsu print, let alone, home inkjet prints, nor last as long, or come as flat through the mail.

To be honest, I was thinking you were going to send a file to a local Walgreens so they could print it and I could pick it up there.

Not that there is anything wrong with that, it is just that is not my thing. I hope I have not offended you.

I will be happy to send you a print. It will be the best print I can make, or I think anyone can make, from one of my negs.

Again, I sincerely hope I have no offended you or anyone.

.ken
05-13-2010, 18:16
interested in participating... sent you a pm

Bob Michaels
05-13-2010, 19:26
If you'd like an 8x10 from me, just email me your mailing address. You can send one, and I bet I will like the content, but I've not seen a wet print ever that equals a good Walgreens Fuji Frontier or Noritsu print, let alone, home inkjet prints, nor last as long, or come as flat through the mail.

No argument that the right person can make great prints with a calibrated and maintained Frontier. I have seen them.

My personal experience (and everyone's varies) with Frontiers in consumer locations is not very good. But I am demanding about prints.

I had a wet darkroom for about ten years and have been scanning negs and printing digitally for about ten more. I make better prints with digital output than I could ever do in a darkroom.

Sorry I don't have your e-mail address. Mine is [email protected] or just go to my website and use the comment box. Send me your address and I will send you a print. And I will give you mine so you can do the same.

Bob

BTMarcais
05-13-2010, 19:28
I've not seen a wet print ever that equals a good Walgreens Fuji Frontier or Noritsu print, let alone, home inkjet prints, nor last as long, or come as flat through the mail.

ooh, that sure sounds like a challenge! :) I might have to send you something too now... (b/w fiber-based wet print of course...)

-Brian

PlantedTao
05-13-2010, 19:50
If this is still open, I'm in!

ampguy
05-13-2010, 21:05
I've emailed Bob with my info. and have another left.

Do you want me to mail you my print, or can we save the planet together, and you pick mine up at your local Walgreens?

ooh, that sure sounds like a challenge! :) I might have to send you something too now... (b/w fiber-based wet print of course...)

-Brian

Bob Michaels
05-21-2010, 14:13
Did anyone ever get a print? Have any comments for the group?

MartinP
05-21-2010, 14:18

Bike tourist and I are in the middle of a swap - slightly limited by me only being able to get to a post-office on one day a week. Shipping time will be another ten days or so I'd guess.

Sparrow
05-21-2010, 14:21
Mike and I have ours ready

ampguy
05-21-2010, 14:41
Wow, I got a whole set of nice b/w ones from you today. Mine are in the mail to you, but I only sent 2, so I feel I owe you some more.

Your set is great, and the accompanying letter is touching. I don't think mine have the social context yours do, but I'll nevertheless be interested in your feedback.

Thanks again.

I PM'd the guy that the OP paired me with, but never got a PM or address back.

Bob Michaels
05-21-2010, 14:50
<snip>
I PM'd the guy that the OP paired me with, but never got a PM or address back.

I have come to realize in any print swap that we must have no expectations and consider anything we receive as a bonus.

kermaier
05-21-2010, 15:00
I haven't sent mine yet. Will do next week.
Ari

sojournerphoto
05-21-2010, 15:01
All

I'm glad some are getting through. Sparrow and I are both printed, now just deciding whether we can find time to meet or to post - I'll pm tomorrow when I 've discussed Stuart!

Ampguy, sorry about the original pairing - I'm glad that you made out well with Bob.

Bob, I'll email you in due course - slowly getting my head back above water at work...

MIke

Bob Michaels
05-21-2010, 15:09
All

I'm glad some are getting through. Sparrow and I are both printed, now just deciding whether we can find time to meet or to post - I'll pm tomorrow when I 've discussed Stuart!

Ampguy, sorry about the original pairing - I'm glad that you made out well with Bob.

Bob, I'll email you in due course - slowly getting my head back above water at work...

MIke

Actually Ampguy and I were not paired up for the print swap. We just decided to do something on our own.

No big deal on you getting back. Whatever works for you.

sojournerphoto
05-21-2010, 15:57
Ned Bojic has asked me to confirm that he sent his print and tracking confirmed delviery.

I'll get at the gallery soon.

MIke

Doug
05-21-2010, 16:53
I just got prints from the lab this afternoon; these are final "candidates", so now I'll decide which to send to Paul. :)

palec
05-22-2010, 00:30
I've already received a nice print from Mauro, but I'll send him mine in few days. So he's still waiting, hopefuly it's not too long.

Morca007
05-22-2010, 00:39
Hopefully sending mine out soon.

rbiemer
05-22-2010, 03:03
I received an excellent photo from underbyte yesterday and mine went out in Wednesday's mail so he should have his soon--or already.
Rob

Bike Tourist
05-22-2010, 03:47
I decided it was just as cheap to send three as one to Netherlands. Mailed to Martin P last Saturday. He's due to mail mine today.

underbyte
05-23-2010, 23:56
I received a print + a bonus print from rbiemer and I'm very happy with the print swap.

kzphoto
05-24-2010, 00:06
My print is finished and will be sent Monday. Had to get a better scan from my local photo lab, my epson just wasn't quite right.

Doug
05-24-2010, 15:36
Mike - I just sent two prints to Paul... 9.5x14. Took a while to select candidates and have them printed at the lab. Thought I saw a suggestion in this thread to post what we sent...

Bob Michaels
05-24-2010, 15:43
I received two lovely prints from Ted - Ampguy today. Very artistic interpretation of a scene. Much appreciated.

Never heard anything from my designated print exchange partner but I know that things sometimes go that way.

Bob Michaels
05-25-2010, 18:15
And today I received lovely prints from Rob V in Mexico. Two b&w plus a third in color. To my delight, the color print had a reason to be in color. Thanks!

ampguy
05-25-2010, 18:41
They were taken with an RD1 with Canon 28/2.8 lens. I wrote up a paragraph on the day and conditions they were taken, I'll find it and email to you.

I really enjoy your b/w photo set from Cuba, along with the printed commentary. Very interesting history and perspective. Thanks!

I received two lovely prints from Ted - Ampguy today. Very artistic interpretation of a scene. Much appreciated.

Never heard anything from my designated print exchange partner but I know that things sometimes go that way.

jtzordon
05-25-2010, 19:52
Mine has been mailed.

kermaier
05-29-2010, 19:48
Today I received a really beautiful, atmospheric print from Michael (michaelshane).
Mine will be going out to Michael in the mail on Tuesday after the Memorial Day holiday.

::Ari

Mauro
06-01-2010, 05:57
I have received the print from Palec: it is a great picture, that shows the great talent of the photographer. Bravo Palec!. The Print Swap is a great project, I am already looking for the next edition!

pesphoto
06-01-2010, 06:08
Received Doug's prints...very nice. MIne is going in the mail this afternoon

Doug
06-01-2010, 10:35
Received Doug's prints...very nice. MIne is going in the mail this afternoon
Good to hear you received them ok, Paul!
Landscape and seascape, both with M8
35/2 Biogon near Yakima WA; 50/2 Heliar NW coast Maui

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=79234&d=1275416578

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=79235&d=1275416602

MartinP
06-01-2010, 10:39
I received a very generous package from BikeTourist and hopefully anytime now he will be discovering that the envelope I sent him is too big to fit through the letterbox, oops.

Hopefully the posty doesn't ignore the "Photographs, do not bend" label, and especially that s/he doesn't write "oh yes they do" underneath . . .

pesphoto
06-01-2010, 11:36
Yes, beautiful colors. A nice contrast to all my black and white work. Getting frames this weekend....

Good to hear you received them ok, Paul!
Landscape and seascape, both with M8
35/2 Biogon near Yakima WA; 50/2 Heliar NW coast Maui

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=79234&d=1275416578

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=79235&d=1275416602

rbiemer
06-02-2010, 04:42
I received a print + a bonus print from rbiemer and I'm very happy with the print swap.

Thank you. The print you sent me is now hanging above my desk. Much appreciated, Scott!
Here's what I sent:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2549/4136815553_03bdca5a18.jpg

And:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2672/4017143134_95bba11579.jpg

Rob

Bike Tourist
06-02-2010, 08:54
Received two prints from Martin Price today. A great idea!

plummerl
06-03-2010, 20:05
I thought that I sent my prints out last weekend to Matus! :eek:

Just to let folks in the good old US of A know, I had my envelope returned today by the USPS. I sent the photos in a 10x13 Tyvek envelope, with a foam core/museum board sandwich, no more than about 3/8" thick. It was marked (as usual) "Photo/Do Not Bend". This was going to Germany, but because it was an envelope and less than 13 ounces, no custom declaration was required. I received it plastered with stickers telling me that I was required to have a custom form! After running up to the Post Office, I was informed that because I marked it "Do Not Bend", it was declared to be a parcel! This declaration then requires it to be mailed with a custom form. To add insult to injury, because it was a parcel and not a large envelope, I had to pay an extra 20 cents.

I can't remember how many "parcels" that I have mailed overseas with "Photo/Do Not Bend" and sent them as envelopes. It will hopefully make it across the Atlantic this time. :confused:

Roberto V.
06-07-2010, 17:24
3 days ago I got 10 AWESOME prints of pictures taken in Cuba by Bob Michaels. Needless to say they are impressive, I'll definitely frame some.

Roberto V.
06-07-2010, 17:29
Here are the prints I sent to Bob Michaels:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2767/4369903352_e88646bff8_o.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2744/4369902868_bbfe82f857_o.jpg

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/8504/cans2.jpg

If anyone wants prints of any of the pictures on my flickr, just send me a PM.

everythingy
06-21-2010, 05:09
Didn't notice this thread before, shame on me. Count me in, I just need to get some bigger prints done first but shouldn't take more than a couple of days.

marcr1230
06-25-2010, 17:38
Here are 2 of 3 which I sent to kzphoto.
My scans come out better than the wet prints - need to work on that before film disappears ;-)
I cross posted these on the subway fanzine thread
http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=91527

Paris - Bastille Metro station:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1181/4734612548_6ae9903a2b_b.jpg

London - Tube station:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1250/4734561190_f4d9909f56_b.jpg

plummerl
07-13-2010, 17:59
I am the (extremely) proud recipient of a print from Matus! This holds a near record delivery time by DHL of five weeks! The print is stunning.

Thanks Matus.

:D