PDA

View Full Version : Olympus 35 RD Light Seal Kit

bherman
07-29-2009, 08:20
All;

I have a beautiful Olympus 35 RD that I wish to sell, but I first want to replace the light seals in the camera. I looked on EBay, and even contacted Jon Goodman (EBay ID Interslice), but he doesn't have any 35 RD kits cut and ready.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Brad

Richard Ross
07-29-2009, 10:56
I'm not familiar with the 35 RD but I re-sealed my 35 RC using Jon Goodman's materials without difficulty, there was very little cutting involved. I've also done a few others e.g. a Mamiya C3 and Contax RTS2 with the same stuff. As long as you have a sharp craft knife (and a steady hand!) you're OK. I've not seen any pre-cut kits advertised.

Regards
Richard

John Bragg
07-29-2009, 12:44
Jon's kits are very comprehensive and really easy to use. I did a Canonet, which is fairly involved, following his PDF instructions and also an OM 1n and it proved easy to get a professional result. There is plenty of material left over from the "small" kit for any future similar projects and it is a real bargain..

Regards, John.

bherman
07-29-2009, 13:45
So, do you think that I should but a Canonet GIII kit and use the generic pieces for the Olympus?

I mean, I emailed Jon and he didn't suggest that?

Thx

Brad

Trius
07-29-2009, 15:58
I've always just bought a generic kit and figured out which sizes/types to use if a particular camera isn't in the instructions. It isn't that hard.

Bill58
07-29-2009, 17:48
It's really hard to get "excited" about working on a camera you're gonna sell, but about an hour's work will do it.