PDA

View Full Version : OM-10 film slipping

lena.87
06-09-2009, 05:05
Hi everybody,

About 6 shots into my roll, the winder was stiff, and it seemed like the film had disengaged from the sprockets. When I had the film developed, only the first 6 shots came out, the rest were blank.

Does anyone know how to avoid this happening again? Are there any special loading tips?

Thanks,

Lena

Chris101
06-09-2009, 06:58
About 6 shots into my roll, the winder was stiff, and it seemed like the film had disengaged from the sprockets. When I had the film developed, only the first 6 shots came out, the rest were blank.

Does anyone know how to avoid this happening again? Are there any special loading tips?Something similar happened to my OM-1n a couple years ago. I sent it to John Hermanson (zuiko.com) in New York, which may be prohibitive for you, I don't know. 5 weeks and $116 made it good as new.

John Hermanson
06-10-2009, 06:22
This may have just been a loading problem, . When you stick the film leader into the takeup spool, it should not come out of the other side. Gently hold film film against film plane, slowly wind a frame to see that film is going properly onto spool, then close back, fire shutter. Take up slack in rewind knob, wind shutter, knob should turn each time you wind. Now, if you load so film leader extends all the way through spool and sticks out the other side, this can cause a big bump in the film as it takes up, causing tight winding.
Worse case scenario: clutch inside wind mechanism is worn out and slipping, causing film bunching in the chamber, and the problems you describe. If so it would happen on every roll. John. www.zuiko.com