PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy a RD?

Mablo
06-07-2009, 03:24
I have an opportunity to buy a quite nice and CLA'd RD for around 100$ I know that RD's lens is a bit faster than my RC's but that's not very important for me. Is it worth upgrading from RC?

umboody
06-07-2009, 04:10
I had an RC for a while, sold it rather stupidly for no money at all. Nowadays, here in the UK, the RDs can fetch upwards of 100, so at that price, it's a bargain. But I'm not really sure what it offers over the RC, so I wouldn't see the need to go for it. You could always sell it on for a profit ;)

Mablo
06-11-2009, 13:28
How could I resist such an offer. The RD is in user condition but there's nothing seriously wrong as far as I can see. Fortunately my CLA guys are very experienced with older Olympus cameras.

Here is a shot of the big brother with the RC.

btgc
06-11-2009, 23:58
Not knowing RD, I think it has little more of speed range and one more element in lens. So this is not only max aperture case. Add here ergonomics (speed selection on lens, advance lever on top cover) and - "honey, it's substantially different camera, so I need it!" :)

John Hermanson
06-13-2009, 13:09
You should buy it, but only after hand inspection. Make sure shutter blades are not stained and that shutter works at all speeds. Very common for oily blades in this model. John, www.zuiko.com