PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to your encouragement - Roger

dee
02-11-2009, 14:46
An update on the redee'signed-to-accomodate-ASdee Kiev saga .

I have a Contax III shortly arriving from Ukraine with shutter fixed and
new meter cell .

My Contax II bitsa will be reklaimed with a little help from Arsenal in silver paint to the body and tan leather .
A pair of Kiev '' Enigmas '' without names , numbers , self timers or flash sync are to be kreated - one Kiev 3 base and Kiev 4 top / meter and the other Kiev 3 , are now to be fnished in very ART DECO Champagne metallic paint with two shades of leather .
They will be engraved smply , III and IV on the meter doors .

It is thanks to the encouragement of Roger and all on the forum , that I am going ahead with this final fling .

Hopefully , these few ! Klassic Kameras will see me out - with spares when the ievitable happens .

Thanks .

dee

Roger Hicks
02-11-2009, 23:49
Dear Dee,

Normally, I regard camera customizing (or even kustomizing) as pretty silly, and pictures of cameras as approximately the lowest point of this forum, but those do sound very pretty.

Cheers,

Roger

dee
02-14-2009, 12:01
I have considered this very carefully , i have my standard cameras around me , but my Autism gets distracted by details , cyrillic script , scratches etc .
The mdifications will , I know , provide me with cameras I can use without that constand '' wrongness '' nagging at me .
The wonderfull point is that I a have found a camera which a very tentative , dislocated " I '' can connect to .
Thanks dee

Silva Lining
02-14-2009, 13:09
I have considered this very carefully , i have my standard cameras around me , but my Autism gets distracted by details , cyrillic script , scratches etc .
The mdifications will , I know , provide me with cameras I can use without that constand '' wrongness '' nagging at me .
The wonderfull point is that I a have found a camera which a very tentative , dislocated " I '' can connect to .
Thanks dee

This is great!. A camera can be a thing of beauty in itself - it is also a tool. I'm hoping that you will now have cameras that both look and feel right for you.... It would be great to see a picture of them.