PDA

View Full Version : Olympus 35 RD Stuck shutter

beetcleaner
01-20-2009, 11:39
Hello

Just acquired an excellent condition Olympus 35 RD on Ebay but the shuttter is jammed. I know all about this problem with the 35RD and took it to my local cameras repair shop but they couldn't unstick it.

Anyone know of a firm who could take this on as it's in very good conditionand I'd love to get it shooting again

thankyou

ColinW
01-20-2009, 11:44
Welcome to RFF. If you were in the US, I'd recommend John Hermanson at Zuiko.com but as you're in the UK you could try:

http://www.lutoncameras.co.uk/

I've never tried them myself, but from what I hear, they seem to get a good reputation. Good luck.

JohnM
01-20-2009, 11:49
John Hermenson at CamTech in Long Island repaired mine a few years back. He specializes in vintage Olympus stuff -- I've been pretty happy with him over the years.

The website is http://www.zuiko.com/

John Hermanson
01-22-2009, 12:29
Yet another RD with Seiko Shutter and oily blades. John, www.zuiko.com

Spider67
01-22-2009, 12:53
Welcome to the forum! I ahve the same problem with my 35 RD and I am also in Europe...let's post the results of our enquiries (OK whoever gets the info first!)
Thanks for bringing up thaqt topic!
Des

Jani_from_Finland
01-23-2009, 22:40
I had a similar case, but in my case my friend took a look and pressed the shutter and there it was, STUCK! My local camera-repairman in Helsinki (who is trained since 60's by Olympus) fixed it in no time. They are fast, reliable and has good prices, does service by mail-service also a lot. PM me if you want their contact information.

cluso
01-27-2009, 04:11
Welcome to the forum! I ahve the same problem with my 35 RD and I am also in Europe...let's post the results of our enquiries (OK whoever gets the info first!)
Thanks for bringing up thaqt topic!
Des

In Europe, contact the OM-Doktor Frank Timmann in Germany, you find him via google.

hipTrip
02-24-2009, 00:08
I just sent my RD to John Hermanson he got back to me this morning. He's going to rebuild the (sticky) shutter, clean the rangefinder, repair the meter circuit which is dead and convert it to silver oxide batteries, calibrate the exposure, and clean up the foam.

Dang, it feels like I'm getting a new camera back. I can't wait.

jesse1dog
02-24-2009, 06:39
Hi beetcleaner

Try:
[email protected]

He fixed my 35RD. Ray is Olympus trained but doesn't have very many spare bits for these old cameras.
Let us know how you get on.

jesse