PDA

View Full Version : U.S. CLA for 35RC

vijayrff
11-14-2008, 13:25
Hi,

This is my first post on this forum. I just acquired a 35 RC via auction. I enjoyed shooting my first roll with it enough that I'd like to get it CLA'd. I know it needs at least the following:

- new seals
- fixing the rangefinder alignment (I can get the images to coincide on the horizontal axis but the vertical one is out of whack)
- converting it to use currently available batteries
- testing/fixing/adjusting of the meter

I found zuiko.com thanks to some searching of posts here. Are there other repair shops to consider for this?

Thanks,
Vijay

Chriscrawfordphoto
11-14-2008, 13:50
Nope. Zuiko.com (John Hermanson) is the only person I'd trust with Olympus 35mm equipment. I have shot OM cameras since I was 8 years old and John has done a better job than Olympus's own repair department on my gear. He's cheaper too, though your camera is so old Olympus won't fix it anyway.

racoll
11-14-2008, 15:14
I've not had a camera fixed by John yet (although I'm planning to send one of my Oly 35-S f/1.8 cameras to him to fix soon) but I have communicated with him, and he has been very accommodating to me as far as trying to schedule a time to send him my camera.

jagarch
11-15-2008, 09:05
Essex Camera in NJ did a very good job with my Olympus 35 RC last month.
Cleaning the rangefinder and viewfinder makes a big difference.

vijayrff
11-16-2008, 20:42
Thanks for the responses, folks.

Vijay

peter_n
11-17-2008, 09:09
Essex Camera in NJ did a very good job with my Olympus 35 RC last month.
Cleaning the rangefinder and viewfinder makes a big difference.I also recommend Essex. Work is excellent, costs are reasonable.

George S.
11-18-2008, 07:11
I've had great experiences with both John at Zuiko and Essex. Call each for price quote and turnaround time and base your decision on your needs. They're both great.

John Hermanson
12-04-2008, 04:33
I've been servicing Olympus since 1977 (and one of the first cameras I trained on in Woodbury NY was the 35RC). John, www.zuiko.com