PDA

View Full Version : Olympus SP leather case recommendations?

Kevincart
10-02-2008, 07:14
I recently picked up this incredible camera from E-Bay. I took it to Montreal last week on holiday, and couldn't be happier with it's performance.

Does anyone on RFF have any suggestions of a leather case for this camera? I am thinking of a 'half-case' type.

The only drawback to this wonderful machine is the lack of an 'off' switch for the meter; so a case seems to be necessary.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

-Kevin Cartwright

shadowfox
10-02-2008, 11:07
Hey, congrats, post a few pics if you could :)
I don't have a half-case for mine, I just take the battery out when not in use.

capitalK
10-02-2008, 11:13
I have the "never-ready" case from mine that was stolen. You can have it if you want, just paypal me a few bucks for shipping. It has the top half and the bottom half-case.

It's in decent shape, the leather is peeling on the bottom but isn't noticable around your neck and it has a slight cigarette smell.

I can take some pics of it when I get home, if you want.

jonathanp77
10-14-2008, 13:02
The only drawback to this wonderful machine is the lack of an 'off' switch for the meter; so a case seems to be necessary.

-Kevin Cartwright

Tell me about it. I keep forgetting to put on the whole case instead of just the half-case.

nrb
10-14-2008, 13:36
For me an ever ready half-case is a pain in the ass. Actually I've got one that came with my SP but I only use it when the camera is not in use. The same applies to my other cameras and their never ready cases.