PDA

View Full Version : Time to say goodbye...

shadowfox
05-30-2008, 07:20
Hi all, I am saying good-bye to my Olympus RF collection.

For the past two years, it's been fun and because of y'all, I managed to get myself eyeball deep into the great experience of collecting Oly RF's and discovering the historical, technical, and practical nuances of these lovely cameras.

But, as I grow in my experiences with photography, I found that pursuing the craft and the art is where my heart is. As is, I have quite a bit of fund tied up in this collection. So with heavy heart, I have decided to let it go.

I'll be listing the whole collection in the Classified section in the coming days. I know there are a lot of you who likes these.

Don't worry, the whole collection put together won't even buy me half of a Noctilux :) . These are the stuff for the people ;) , not for the "elites."

I hope this won't break any forum rules as I'd rather these fine Olympus RF's (quite a few half-frame goodies included) to end up in the RFF community where appreciation and love abounds for them.

I hate long goodbyes, so hopefully the sale goes quickly. :D

oftheherd
05-30-2008, 07:36
Good luck! The first rf fixed lens camera I bought, back about 1975, was an Oly. I still have one.

Will you keep one just so you can say you have one? :D

Matthew Allen
05-30-2008, 09:35
From your Flickr it looks like you have a fine collection. Good luck with the sale!

Matthew

agi
05-30-2008, 10:21
No!! Say it ain't so Will??

ColinW
05-30-2008, 10:38
Will,

Sorry to lose you to the inferior RF makes ;). Hope you still pop in and offer your sage advice from time to time. Good luck with sale, mmmm, think I'll just have a quick look...

Brian Sweeney
05-30-2008, 10:45
Okay, so you sell the Oly RF's, and What are you looking for...

pesphoto
05-30-2008, 10:54
Do what ya gotta do will, good luck with the sale.
Hope this doesnt mean your done with rff.

wallace
05-30-2008, 10:54
I will always keep at least one RC... Love the photos in your blog!
You part will all 35mm stuff?

Wallace

Cale Arthur
05-30-2008, 11:00
Never thought i'd see the day, Will, but if your recent blog entries are any indication, your new found directions are wholly positive and inspired! Here's hoping that your creativity continues unabated, and that your legendary status amongst the 'Oly-Folk' will live on and on.. :)

--c--

sebastel
05-30-2008, 11:02
Okay, so you sell the Oly RF's, and What are you looking for...

half a noctilux, probably.
but, what about the other half?

ferider
05-30-2008, 11:08
Hi Will,

are you still in CA ? Would love to meet for a beer or coffee ...

Cheers,

Roland.

shadowfox
05-30-2008, 13:23
oftheherd: I will keep a few so I can still hang out around here ;)

Matthew: Yes, the photos on flickr would be the only ones I got when I'm done.

John: Afraid so, my friend :)

Colin: LOL! Olympus will always be my favorite camera maker, nothing will change that ;)

Brian: I'm all FSU, Brian... (just kidding :) )

Paul: Thanks, no, I'm not done with y'all. Too much fun :)

Wallace: I'll still have Ikkyu-san whenever he's done traveling the globe :)

Cale: Thanks for the kind words. What status? I think I'm famous for killing threads around here ;)

sebastel: You don't know me, so your comment is understandable. But let me be clear on this, I have as high opinion/desire on the noctilux (and any other lenses that costs more than a running car) as deserted ant mounds... after I run them over with my lawn-mower :cool: .

Roland: I'm back in Texas, but the next time I'm in SF area (maybe later on this year), I'll give you a buzz. In the bay area, you and John (Agi) are in the list of people I want to have a beer/coffee with.

Folks, I'm almost finished with the ad, will post it in the Classifieds later tonight. Please have a look then.

Thank you.

Brian Sweeney
05-30-2008, 15:13
> Brian: I'm all FSU, Brian... (just kidding )

Try a freshly CLA'd Z3M with a J-3, it's "Like WOW, Man"

shadowfox
05-31-2008, 07:11
Ok folks, the collection is listed in our Classified section:
http://www.rangefinderforum.com/photopost-classifieds/showproduct.php/product/10927/limit/recent

Have at them.

agi
05-31-2008, 07:13
Oh man Will you were in the Bay Area? Next time you're around we should definitely get together for a beer/coffee.

sebastel
05-31-2008, 11:58
hi will,

obviously you do not know me either .. i am the one who easily gave up using a noctilux, replacing it with a c-sonnar and still being happy about it.

as long as you never handled one, i can understand the desire for this extreme piece of glass. but believe me (or not) - while it is special, it ain't THAT special.

just my 0.014 , of course.
cheers
sebastian

Igor.Burshteyn
06-09-2008, 09:37
Will, while Olympus RFs are on sale I see you keep your OMs, don't you?

shadowfox
06-10-2008, 11:48
Hi Igor, long time no chat :)

Well, here's what I think, I have about 20 Oly RFs, scale-focus, half-frames (give or take...), but I only have 4 OM's :D

Seriously, when I'm done with this I'll probably have two OM's left.

I am planning to keep two Oly RFs, I'm sure y'all can guess which ones :)

Igor.Burshteyn
06-12-2008, 10:23
Will, long time indeed. It was Drupa time - I am still n Germany, took a few days off after once-a-four-years event in printing industry. I hope I have more time for photography post-Drupa.
I still have Oly 35sp, it's loaded with TriX, I need to start using it again, I kind of abondoned it in favour of OM4t with handful of OM primes.
Good luck with your sale!