PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe?

tripod
04-17-2008, 16:40
Let's do a poll. Do you believe in ghosts and or aliens? Please vote once for each topic.

Does anyone have any photos, faked or real, of either?

M. Valdemar
04-17-2008, 16:41
I am an alien. A reptilian. I've come to take over your planet.

tripod
04-17-2008, 16:44
I for one, welcome our new insect overlords!
Homer Simpson

Wahoo
04-17-2008, 16:45
Let's do a poll. Do you believe in ghosts and or aliens?

Ghosts - I know they exist, it was confined to one experience long before most of you were born.

Aliens - Only in the movies most of which are bad.

tripod
04-17-2008, 16:51
I knew a very normal person in a responsible and respected position who was dead serious about believing that she had been abducted by aliens. This person was not a kook (in any other aspect) and was very private about this belief. She died of cancer several years ago.

Al Patterson
04-17-2008, 16:54
Alien was a better fim than Ghost.

Wahoo
04-17-2008, 17:01
Alien was a better film than Ghost.

I agree absolutely but if I told of 'my experience' it would take me all night and you definitely not sleep comfortably.

I'll save it for another time - strange thing was that I heard plenty but saw nothing but three days later my then girlfriend could see an old lady over my shoulder.

Here endeth the lesson.

kmack
04-17-2008, 17:55
I for one, welcome our new insect overlords!
Homer Simpson

Not to be too pedantic but the quote should be attributed to Kent Brockman.

tripod
04-17-2008, 18:16
Not to be too pedantic but the quote should be attributed to Kent Brockman.

Ah, okay thanks. I just walk past the TV while my teenagers watch the Simpsons.

xayraa33
04-17-2008, 18:25
what if you believe in ghosts and aliens?

SolaresLarrave
04-17-2008, 18:29
Nothing happens, xayraa, and I know because I'm an alien ghost.

Or the ghost of an alien, take your pick. :)

There's a life after the X-Files... :rolleyes:

EcoLeica
04-17-2008, 18:55
Ghosts? All evidence scientific evidence suggests no...so i dont believe in that

Aliens? Thats tricky....do i believe there is lie in the universe? yeah I do! Based on current astronomers predictions there is a (this is a very conserved estimate) billion billion planets. They have also predicted that the probablity of a planet having earth-like qualities (correct position from sun etc) is about 1 in a billion. Not a large possiblity however if there are billion billion planets there mush be at least 1 billion planets which could possibly contain life of some sort. I think that is pretty cool but as for aliens comin and probing some poor famer...not likely because reguardless of their technological achievements they are still contrained to the universal rules of physics which mean they cannot travel faster than the speed of light which would still take hundreds of years to reach our nearest neighbour. 100 years just to prob a human and leave? doesnt seem likely

Hehe sorry but I'm a skeptic so i encounter this argument a lot

Thardy
04-17-2008, 18:57
I have a theory about alien abduction and why the stories (experiences) are so similar.

xayraa33
04-17-2008, 19:01
I believe that we have been visited by so called aliens for thousands of years.

xayraa33
04-17-2008, 19:32
This video is very interesting if one has time to watch it.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1166743665260900218&q=&hl=en

bmattock
04-17-2008, 19:49
I am an alien. A reptilian. I've come to take over your planet.

That was GWAR.

David Goldfarb
04-17-2008, 20:00
So what is this poll doing in the Roger Hicks forum? I suppose in France he might be considered an alien of sorts. Is he a ghost as well?

pvdhaar
04-17-2008, 21:50
Aliens?

I've this conceptual problem with the 'take me to your leader' type aliens..

Daft idea. If aliens would have the technology advanced enough to travel through space at speeds faster than light, do you think they'd really show up by accident on a tiny lawn somewhere in Nowhereville? No way.. However, they might, just might, make a stop at McD's drive through to get some French fries.. but only if they have real bad taste..

hugivza
04-17-2008, 23:04
I presume that the reference to 'aliens' is to extra terrestial beings, which I doubt exist in a contactable form due to proximity alone. If it refers to persons who normally reside in another country, then I confirm my belief in their existence. For many years whilst travelling to the US I was a non resident alien. Of course the real question is whether you can prove your own existence, let alone that of extra terrestrials whether alien or not(with apologies to Sartre et al).

Joe
04-17-2008, 23:51
Of course there are aliens. Of all the uncountable number of suns in the universe do we really think we're the only ones? I hope we aren't.

Are there aliens visiting us secretly with flying saucers, probing farmers? No.

Ghost. I would say no to the conventional idea of a ghost, but who knows what kind of causal-effectal karmic residues are hovering around?

Joe
04-17-2008, 23:56
"A soup made from the shadow of the ghost of an alien crow who has died from starvation"---Alien Lincoln

hugivza
04-17-2008, 23:58
Sounds like you're going to be hungry for a long time Joe

payasam
04-18-2008, 00:41
Like most boys in darkrooms, I faked "ghost" pictures. Comic books provided plenty of pictures of aliens, so I wasted no time on them.

oscroft
04-18-2008, 00:59
I couldn't answer about aliens, because I don't know what is actually being asked.

Do I believe in flying saucers, alien abductions, Roswell cover-ups and all that? No.

Do I think there is life elsewhere in the universe? I think the probability is high.

xayraa33
04-18-2008, 06:02
Just because you found it on the internett doesnt make it true;)

Would it be true if I read it in a book or magazine?
Would it be true if a politician told me about it?
Would it be true if I saw it on television?
Would it be true if I experienced it myself in real life?
I could never say that the above always tell the truth.

pesphoto
04-18-2008, 06:05
aliens...no
ghosts....no

I only believe what I can see or experience myself and I have yet to see or experience either. Guess that goes for god too......

tripod
04-18-2008, 06:08
aliens...no
ghosts....no

I only believe what I can see or experience myself and I have yet to see or experience either. Guess that goes for god too......

Just to test this logic, do you not believe in the existence of black holes, quasars, atoms, etc. because you have not seen or experienced them directly?

pesphoto
04-18-2008, 06:09
Just to test this logic, do you not believe in the existence of black holes, quasars, atoms, etc. because you have not seen or experienced them directly?

well.......those things are scientifically proven are they not? Of course I believe in those.
But ghosts, aliens, god.......a different story

back alley
04-18-2008, 06:40
i wonder if dead aliens become ghosts?

Sparrow
04-18-2008, 06:51
i wonder if dead aliens become ghosts?

Did you just read my mind? Because I don’t believe in that sort of rubbish……….hang on,…. pass that foil hat dear

Ducky
04-18-2008, 07:15
It's called lens flare, get a hood, and a life.

xayraa33
04-18-2008, 09:33
Giordano Bruno was burnt at the stake in the year 1600 because he chose to believe his own rubbish instead of the Roman Catholic Church rubbish.
it is not really fair.

Nh3
04-18-2008, 09:46
The concept of a ghost is essentially optimistic, because it hints that there something after death.

I have had my fair share of weird experiences and I would never be able to explain them, but at the same time I will never say they happened because of a ghost.

back alley
04-18-2008, 09:58
there must be ghosts cause every friday night i watch the 'ghost whisperer' on t.v. and that jennifer love hewitt is one cutie!

crawdiddy
04-18-2008, 11:02
I live in Texas. I'm not sure about ghosts, but I see aliens all the time.

xayraa33
04-18-2008, 11:30
What if one believes in Flying Saucer Rock n Roll and Billy Lee Riley as its messenger? :)

robin a
04-18-2008, 14:07
Ghosts,my wife and I have both seen and experienced things in our home.Months after we bought it we were telling someone where we lived, "you bought the haunted house".I've seen three,a woman going downstais in front of me,a child looking at my baby daughter,Claire,and a man in my back yard in a storm.The usual creaks and groans from a old farm house with wooden floors,but,it used to get pretty wild some nights.It all came to a end 6 yrs.ago when our priest came and blessed the house.Hasn't been the same since.TRUTH !..................Robin

Roberto
04-18-2008, 14:10
I do believe aliens exist, but not on our planet. I dont think that we are the only living creatures in the entire Universe. That would be pretty strange. Will we ever see them? Probably not.

Erik.. and others, you forgot the "time" variable in this formula. Maybe there have been aliens or there will be aliens in the universe, but the real question is: are they living now? Or did they live millions years ago.. or million years from now?

R.

Pherdinand
04-18-2008, 14:10
I'm an alien myself.
A legal one.
But not in new york - in groningen.

Pherdinand
04-18-2008, 14:15
Ghosts are anomalous minkowski manifestations of gravitational waves produced by black hole collisions, or by quasars stealing matter from other interstellar objects.
Come on. EVERYBODY knows this.

micromontenegro
04-18-2008, 14:26
Ghosts I've seen now and then, but I didn't believe in aliens until I came to RFF. This joint is literally crawling with them things. The Russian RF forum is their Area 51, but they are everywhere. And none of them has posted here yet, you fakers!

gb hill
04-20-2008, 08:51
I live in Texas. I'm not sure about ghosts, but I see aliens all the time.

N.C. has it's share of aliens also. So many MOF that in the spring & summer months you can look into the fields & count multiples of them & there not making crop circles either. I think they are of the illiegal kind, but I must say they are quite friendly.:)

Do I believe in ghost? You bet! the Father, Son (Jesus Christ) & Holy Ghost (Spirit)
Do I believe in aliens? No! Aliens & flying saucers are Demons. Jesus calles them angles of light in the Bible, out to deceive people. There also called lying spirits.

I'm not pushing religion off on any one. You asked what I believe & I told you. I respect all faiths (except those that murder in the name of religion & wacko's).

Silva Lining
04-21-2008, 13:53
I've had too many odd experiences to not believe in ghosts or spirits, although they are not necessarily the remnants of the human soul. Having lived and worked in a couple of places with severe poltergeist activity, sometimes violent, sometimes bizarre, occasionally hilarious!

I have also experienced many spirit like ghosts, of people known and unknown, most experiences very pleasant and sometimes moving, a small but significant number, extremely malevolent and disturbing....

Aliens - I believe that life will be found in relative abundance throughout the universe, however, intelligence, as we class it it, may be much much rarer. Finding life, even just a microbe on Mars, or Europa, Titan or Encladeus, would make the probability so much higher of course, although 'we' as a race would do well to remember our planet's uniqueness.

As to alien abductions and visitations, I doubt that's what they are...I am interested in the psycho-social parallels between the modern alien abduction experience and experiences of faerie abduction, daemonic possession and folk tales of elves, sprites leprechauns etc. Not that I necessarily believe in the physical reality of all these things, but the experiences have a lot of similarities.

I have a very scientific brain but experience tells me that there are some things we just don't have the answers for yet!!

sirius
04-21-2008, 13:58
DSLRs are very alien. Inexpensive Leica goods are like ghosts.

peterc
04-21-2008, 14:05
Ghosts - No ... unless you're talking about the ones you get when lens elements reflect badly.
Aliens - I'm sure there's life elsewhere in the universe, but I doubt very much that they've bothered to visit us.